Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerKlutz

ComputerKlutz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

When ever I turn on my pc and open my firefox browser I have to log in for any website that requires a password. This problem has only started a couple weeks ago. I do not have this problem when I use my chrome browser. Is there something in the settings of firefox that could cause me to log out whenever I shut down my pc. Thanks for your replies

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

In Firefox, 'Settings/Preferences - Privacy & Security - Remember log-ins and passwords'

Tick the box against the last of these items and you should be automatically logged-in whenever you return. Quick, easy and lousy security - my opinion.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

. . .you should be automatically logged-in whenever you return. Quick, easy and lousy security - my opinion.

Chris Cosgrove

Amen, Chris!!

Far better to use a password manager like Password Safe which will take you to a given website and autotype your username and password rather than leaving these in browser storage where they're easy pickings.

As much as I've tried to convert people, including my partner, to using a password manager rather than having the browser remember usernames and passwords I have not been particularly successful!

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users