Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow internet speed: low ram ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 qmuddy2

qmuddy2

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

my windows 7 desktop has 4 gb ram, comcast gives me 250 mbps, i never get that speed, i get between 50 - 150, usually; if i got a 16 gb ram desktop would i get faster internet rates ? a comcast tech was here yesterday to install 1000 mbps speed, he said if i was not getting the 250 mbps speed i'm paying for , the 1 gbps upgrade wouldn't speed me up any; in 2010 i had an old 500 mb ram (horizontal tower) desktop, when i got my dual core dell with (i think it has 2gb ram), my internet speed improved a lot; my current desktop is a quad with 4 gb that gets faster internet speed than my dual core; thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

RAM has nothing to do with Internet speed. Are you connected by Ethernet or WiFi? If the former, you should be getting max speeds. If the latter, distance between you and the WiFi router or Access Point will effect the speed. Either way, based on your post above this is something you'll need to get Comcast to address.

Edited by Allan, 14 February 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#3 mattwil88

mattwil88

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

ram can not hurt your internet speed. (significantly)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users