Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser issues with win 10 update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hippytrash

hippytrash

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

i have an asus laptop x540s it  currently has ver.1703 os build 15063.877 win ten home edition  . it has 4gb ram intel pentium cpu n3700 @1.60 GHz. 64 bit operating system no pen or touch.  it was not a very costly machine but was previously working ok. after i installed the fall update i had browser issues. a box would pop up (like the one that pops up with a right click) when i scrolled. it would be at various places on the scroll bar. also there was lag in scrolling and pages popping up at random.  malware bytes shows no problems nor does windows defender. as far as i can see all the drivers were ok. i am not very saavy in spite of using the internet since 94. things seem to be getting more complicated to me. i recently had an infection which the computer co op fixed it was causing the laptop to not boot this is unrelated to any update to my knowledge as that came later. and the version they put on of win ten( the home version) sometimes causes the browser to shut down but it is still available to be recalled if you click on task bar. that is not a big issue. my issue is i uninstalled the update and set the computer to metered connection BUT i am still getting update prompts.  i have been clicking remind me later but am afraid this will only go on for so long. i am not at all eager to reinstall and  if i am forced to how can i resolve what was a totally maddening browser issue in both chrome and firefox( I did not use ie or edge at all.) thanks. i have enclosAttached File  Screenshot (11).png   630.91KB   0 downloadsed just one shot of some of the issues i was having with the update.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users