Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Stop iPhone asking to Allow my Computer to Access

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

How to get my iPhone to stop asking me to Allow Access to iPhone Pictures on my computer every time I plug it into computer.  Same computer every time, seems like a hassle?  Once and awhile I use a different pc, but mostly just one.

Thanks, pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

I think it's a driver issue.

1. Plug in your phone
  2. Go to Device Manager
  3. Locate your iPhone in the list, for me it shows in "Portable Devices" 
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Driver or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

That should fix the problem, it's been a long time since I've done it, and actually haven't done it recently. Let me know how it goes! If not, it may not be fixable.

Edited by C0bra, 15 February 2018 - 11:02 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

I think I got it C0bra, but will post back when I test it.  Just installed it on another computer, and had to go to OPEN iTUNES > ACCOUNT > AUTHORIZATIONS > AUTHORIZE THIS COMPUTER.  But this is not the same pc, so will test this on both asap.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

Awesome!! Yes do share if it works!

nIDwkQT.gif

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

That seemed to work C0bra.  Just plugged in my phone and it came right up without having to Select "Allow" on my phone like I've had to do on my Main Desktop so many times.  Nice that we know that know.  I'm surprised that no one came through with that info for me as popular as the iPhone is.

Wait, you an iPhone Expert! LOL, I guess I am now too! :grinner:

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

That simple! Good to know.

Yeah as funny as it is I dont usually plug my phone into my computer. Ill remember this one though! Thanks for updating.

Edited by C0bra, 18 February 2018 - 08:48 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

That's what I would have thought...anyhow...I know who to contact to fix my phone now LOL.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#8 AlexGuan

AlexGuan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:52 AM

The first step you should try is to update your iTunes.
1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware & Sounds >  Device Manager
2. Right-click the Apple device > Properties > ‘Hardware’ tab > Properties > ‘Driver’ tab > Update Driver..
3. Search for the driver in “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers”
4. The driver should be named ‘usbaapl64′

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,621 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

This is also likely related to not having told the iPhone itself that it should act as if its storage were a USB drive each and every time you connect it to the computer.  Once you do, this nag should stop.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Use+iPhone+as+media+device

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#10 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:52 AM

Thanks guys, I will definitely be trying these things asap!  The crazy thing is every time I ask a question on the Apple Forums I get no help?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#11 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Thanks guys, I will definitely be trying these things asap!  The crazy thing is every time I ask a question on the Apple Forums I get no help?

That's why I look elsewhere (like here & one other sites). :)

The Apple or iOS crowd reminds me very much of the Linux one back in 2009, many elitists in their own mind. Maybe not so much since the late great Steve Jobs has passed, yet still there. I believe when Tim Cook stood his ground to the FBI, that became a large boost for Apple & propelled them to become a trillion dollar corporation. Even non-Apple owners were cheering them own. 

For years, I vowed never to own a smartphone, especially an Apple one. Yet there's items now which requires a smartphone to activate or use (such as 'smartcam' security cameras), and need a couple to secure an area. Actually purchased one, thinking it was like a webcam, glad I downloaded the manual so the package wasn't opened & could return for a full refund (now wished I kept it, was $50 off MSRP at Costco). :lol:

So I gave in, was looking for a budget model by Samsung, many would end up selling at less than half new price as refurbs, a red flag I noticed fast. Then seen the well reviewed iPhone SE for only $224 with a bundle of 750 minutes & 5GB of 4G LTE data, plus 1000 texts & bit the bullet. The good thing was, able to keep all of my 5,000+ minutes built up since 2010 & current phone number. :)

I didn't have any issue with my phone doing this with the Windows 10 PC used to transfer my data from that phone to the iPhone (had to do this because the old phone's BT wasn't compatible). Installed a program on my computer to do the work & all went good. AnyTrans (30 day trial) done the work for me, to include installing iCloud on my PC. The extra 5GB online storage via iCloud, plus Mail were bonuses I didn't expect, plus the software transferred much everything via the BT connection of my PC. The only thing it couldn't do was convert my contacts (in .vcf format) from the previous regular cell phone, or I couldn't figure it out. No problem, have added to Favorites as they called. BTW, here's the AnyTrans software I used. 

https://www.imobie.com/anytrans/

Google proved to be a huge assistant once again this month when the phone arrived, so didn't need to ask for any. :)

Looking forward to iOS 12 in September, which is supposed to correct a variety of issues, to include improved battery life.

Hopefully by now, you've got this issue resolved! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Included link to AnyTrans software.

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 31 August 2018 - 04:25 PM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#12 deancollins

deancollins

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:19 AM

I wouldn't stop it.

What if you connect your phone to another computer?

To keep this function enabled is for your safety.

#13 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:41 AM

Interesting point Dean!  Seems like it connects better now on my main machine, but for a long time I'd have to wait.  And this is with iTunes installed and Account Authorizations set to  allow this computer.  I've tested it a little on other computers and it works even without iTunes installed but slower.  Apologies I haven't really studied up on it, but it is working better on my main pc now without making any changes?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users