Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Super Virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GeekyGatsby

GeekyGatsby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

I've been trying to fight off this virus now for MONTHS. At first it was just renaming my files and relocating them. Then it was deleting them. Then it stole permissions from me. Then it DELETED my administrator account. It won't let me install downloaded files, won't let me alter or delete files, and any time I try and play music or video, it decides it's going to loop back to the first thing I played when I started the computer.I tried going into the security tab from properties with my download folder and taking back ownership. Access DENIED. This is the only working laptop I have access too and I can't even DO anything with it unless I'm just surfing the internet. The computer won't even let me install files off of a flash drive! I'm at my limitations of computer software and desperately need some help.  Even putting it in all three safe modes and repeating all the steps again doesn't work. I have about six years of memories on this laptop and this virus is holding them hostage. I'd really rather not lose anymore files. I've kept all other files on my two external hard drives, but I care more about the information on my laptop than on those right now!

Any help is very appreciated! 

TIA

Edited by hamluis, 13 February 2018 - 05:52 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

I just requested this be moved to Am I Infected!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users