Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Back...For Bluetooth Support...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maitai11

Maitai11

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

Hello again,

Had some help here a few months back, and now my Bluetooth is inoperable.  I feel like I turned it off or something, but I am unable to turn it back on by going to device manager - and I tried a few other things like restoring it to a few days ago.  

The icon is missing from my notification area, and from the toolbar notification area as well.  I uninstalled it from the Device Manager, and now after a restart, I can't find it.  

I probably should have come here first before doing all this, but I can tell you it doesn't seem to me to be a malware thing.  I think I did this.  

Thanks in advance for doing what you do.  I had a wonderful experience here before, and I'm here again, hat in hand, trying to get this solved.  Of course, as a graduate student, this could not come at a better time :/

Best,

Maitai

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:15 AM

THIS PAGE has a good approach to your problem.

I would be particularly interested in the results from step 1......is the bluetooth service running ?

As for the driver...running Windows Update should solve that question.....if it is missing or outdated, windows update should fix it.

(Drivers Link)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Maitai11

Maitai11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Hi Condobloke,

You know, it's funny what a couple restarts and trying to fix something will do...

I woke up this morning, and there it was...in my action center, on the toolbar...and once I paired, IN MY EAR!

My Bluetooth is working ;)  

Thank you so much for your response and help.  I really appreciate it.  Back to normal ;)  

Best regards,

Maitai

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Which just goes to show that Bluetooth moves in mysterious ways !

Thanks for letting us know.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Maitai11

Maitai11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

Condobloke,

It sure does!  :)  

Thank you so much for your help.