Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will these fans work propery with my motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JDcompy

JDcompy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

Hi all,

This is the motherboard I am looking to put in my new VR computer:

ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac AM4 ATX w/ RGB, AC WiFi, Intel LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe (Pro OC Certified)

If I spend 9 dollars less, I can get neat looking RGB fans:

3x RAIDMAX NV-R120 120mm RGB Hydraulic bearing Fans

Sounds better than paying 9 dollars more for sad non-RGB fans.

--
But, will these fans work in sync as I'd like them to? Will I have access to turn off the color or change the color? I'm also putting an LED strip in the case that is controlled through a button on the case:

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300 ATX Mini-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, RGB 10 Color LED & Tempered Glass Window

LED strip from CyberPower's Sale: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller [Valentine's Day Mega Sale - FREE!]

-
I'd hate to have the case interior LED lighting up blue but have my fans red. My motherboard says RGB but I'm just not sure. I've searched and searched for details, youtube videos, and reviews and just can't figure it out. I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring this out. The fans say they have Asus Aura Sync, but I don't think that's helpful as my motherboard is ATX.

-
Thoughts? Ideas? I'm hoping to buy this computer tonight to be eligible for the sale.

Thank you so much!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ArchmageHisummoner

ArchmageHisummoner

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

Hmm it seems that Motherboard only has 2 case fan sockets. You would need a splitter I think for the third.

Sincerely,

Myron Mason

#3 JDcompy

JDcompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

Definitely good to know! How do you think it will work with the fan colors? Do you think I will be able to control them?

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

The RGB will be from the header so you will be fine, the motherboard has a RGB header so it should work.

But on the other hand always look at the performance of the fans over aesthetics, sure these fans offer RGB and look pretty but what is the quality of the fans like?

Raidmax isnt bad mind you, they do make nice fans and all but make sure that you dont just focus on the RGB.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Might be of interest.

Seems they connect to a Molex connector and the colour is changed by a bundled remote control.

7sbvuf-6.png

#6 pachangazz

pachangazz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

You can get fans that change colors???  Man, I've been outta the game too long. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users