Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What mail client do you use if any?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Hello People, I use Newton-Mail, it is not free but I really like, it comes with Android and IOS apps too, on windows though it is still in beta. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

I don't use any, at least for anything other than testing.  I've grown to prefer Gmail's web interface over the years and since it's available anyplace I have an internet connection I've just gone with it.

Thunderbird is a very good free e-mail client as is Opera Mail (though the latter is not fully accessible to screen readers, and for many of my clients that matters).  I also still like Windows Live Mail 2012 and kept a copy of the installer for it, snagging same just before Microsoft pulled it from the site.  Since all of my e-mail accounts are accessed via IMAP WLM still works just fine, as it does for POP.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

Thunderbird.

I use it to access Gmail. Works perfectly.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

I've been test-using Thunderbird for the past several months  (or few months, several weeks), and this is the easiest to setup.  Almost nothing to think about.  Just put in your email address and password and Thunderbird looks for all the settings.  Using the program is not bad either, at least for just reading and responding to emails.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users