Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Windows XP Upgrade Version?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kwjamesblond

kwjamesblond

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Hello I am working to install my old Windows XP Upgrade edition on Oracle VirtualBox but am running into as issue when it asks me to put in my old Windows 98SE edition CD.  The Windows XP install does not see my 98 CD and I am stuck at this point.  I was wondering if there was anyway to get vituralbox to see that I have the disc in my computer or skip this step, I do have a product key for both versions of Windows.

-Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

See this post. Only use the first link. This is a full version of XP SP3 with no need for a Windows 98 CD.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

In VirtualBox, make sure the VM can utilize the CD drive. In the storage section in VirtualBox, enable passthrough for the CD/DVD drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users