Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

.JAVA extension Ransome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 prefix2009

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

Over 20 PC been infected with .Java Ransome Virus ( Seems to be new version of Dhrama )

As far i have searched over the network, I don't see any Decrypter available.

I need some help with it.

File Name for Example:

Is there any new updates about it ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Amigo-A

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

Are you sure that you correctly recorded the name of the file with an extension from Ransomware?

Maybe it's written like this?

My projects: Digest "Crypto-Ransomwares" + Anti-Ransomware Project (In Russian) + Google Translate Technology

Have you been attacked by a Ransomware? Report here. Пострадали от шифровальщика? Сообщите мне здесь. 

#3 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,735 posts
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

.java is one of the newer variants of Dharma (CrySiS) Ransomware...it uses an id-<8 random hexadecimal characters>.[<email>] followed by the extension appended to the end of the encrypted data filename.

You can submit (upload) samples of encrypted files, ransom notes and any contact email addresses or hyperlinks provided by the cyber-criminals to
ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation.

Unfortunately, there is no known method to decrypt files encrypted by the .java variant without paying the ransom and obtaining the private RSA keys from the criminals. If possible, your best option is to restore from backups, try file recovery software or backup/save your encrypted data as is and wait for a possible solution at a later time.

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where victims can post comments, ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in the above support topic discussion...it includes experiences by experts, a variety of IT consultants, end users and company reps who have been affected by ransomware infections. To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

The BC Staf
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users