Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is G Mouse - not a problem; only curious

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

When turn on computer (laptop) and plug in the wireless mouse transceiver, and then turn on the wireless mouse, I wait a few seconds and then Windows 10 notifies me that G Mouse is ready.  

The mouse seems not really to be named or officially called "G Mouse".  This device was very low priced, made by Onn company.  If I look in File Explorer, there is nothing listed as G -anything.  No device shown as "G";  no storage shown as "G:".  If I look in computer's "Devices,..." and see what is shown for the pointing device and mouses, nothing special about any "G" is shown.  

There is no functionality problem.  The wireless mouse works well.  I am just curious what is exactly mean by "G Mouse".

(Actually, I have used this wireless mouse on both Windows 10 and Windows Vista laptop computers).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:03 AM

Yeah seems to be some obscure cheap Chinese company, I cannot find much info in them and they seem to be in the neither realm of tech (not good quality but will do in a pinch)

But if it works then hey good on it :D

Edited by MadmanRB, 12 February 2018 - 05:04 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:07 AM

You sure it's not something like "2.4 G Mouse" which is the frequency (2.4 Ghz) a lot of these wireless devices work at.

7sbvuf-6.png

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

That is probably what its referring to.

I mean its a good assumption as everything about this mouse seems to be lost in the vast sea of the internet.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#5 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:06 AM

You sure it's not something like "2.4 G Mouse" which is the frequency (2.4 Ghz) a lot of these wireless devices work at.

That is probably what its referring to.

I mean its a good assumption as everything about this mouse seems to be lost in the vast sea of the internet.

No; probably not; the taskbar area of the Windows 10 computer merely shows the message "G' Mouse is Ready" when I plug-in the usb-tranceiver and turn on the mouse.

I don't want to create confusion here.  The mouse is for 2.4 GHz.  Other than that, the labeling on the bottom of the mouse says, "Onn Wireless Mouse", and stock number ONA17HO044.

Edited by cafejose, 12 February 2018 - 06:10 AM.

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

I can only guess then that the description "G Mouse" is coded into the transceiver's firmware and it "self identifies" as that  :crazy:

Other than the big brands like Logitech, MS etc. I think most wireless mice are fairly generic, probably bundled with whatever transceiver the manufacturer could source cheapest.

BTW, what does it show as in this screen?

TRnqa8i.jpg

Edited by jonuk76, 12 February 2018 - 11:56 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#7 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:27 AM

I just now looked in those settings to compare.  Before plugging in the usb-tranceiver, nothing shown; only "now discoverable,..." and the name of the computer.  Upon plugging in the tranceiver and turning on the mouse, it soon showed, Mouse, Keyboard and Pen, and an icon of a mouse, and the label, "G Mouse".   So Windows has decided to call this device now active as "G Mouse", in the settings.  (This being seen on the Windows 10 laptop).

Edited by cafejose, 13 February 2018 - 12:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users