Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange emails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lan07

lan07

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

I keep getting these emails with members of my family names that don't even know my email for example he subject is Firstname Lastname of family member  then when you click it its a link with the .ru for example all say "you might appreciate it" then the link http://www.3.77sdnews5465d.ru/my-name/ (not the actual link) the other has a different link i don't want to click it probably is a virus but i don't get how they know me and my family name. Also the sender is outlook account and also as the other account das.hu. Anyone else experience this? 

Edited by hamluis, 11 February 2018 - 06:25 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am i Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:48 AM

If you can block the sender...do that. You should not open any email that is obviously spam. You should NEVER click on a link

in an email if you don't know where it will take you.

Often, once you open a spam email the sender knows you opened it and will continue to send more spam.

Several ways the spammer/ criminal could of gotten the names of your family members. Same goes for getting your email

address.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users