Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

I went into the Control Panel and clicked on Mouse in the Large Icon Screen in order to make some mouse scrolling adjustments, and Unable to "Connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" came up with an ugly red X. It goes on to ask if I've installed another PS/2 driver and if I want to uninstall and re-install the driver. I have no idea to what they are referring. My only guess is that a new driver was installed via Windows Update and things didn't go as planned. 

If anyone has encountered this situation, I'd appreciate your advice. Thanks.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

I should have mentioned that I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. 

#3 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

I literally had this issue today and just uninstalled the synaptics mouse manager to get rid of that error from add/remove programs in control panel. The mouse still works after uninstalling it for me without a issue.

Edited by MasterNe0, 16 February 2018 - 01:40 PM.

#4 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

I went to Control Panel and then to Uninstall a program. I have no listing for Synaptics Mouse Manager. Could it be called something else? I checked the list 3 times and I don't see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users