Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 firewall

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PDN

PDN

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

I forgot to copy and paste and lost a long post here. I am using Chrome.

I use the native windows 10 firewall and set it to default weekly b/c I do not know about the advanced settings.

I have an ISP firewall in the gateway which has a strong password and key.

is this enough along with MBAM an Defender?

Edited by PDN, 10 February 2018 - 03:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,839 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

Yes, more than enough.  I would also cease twiddling with Windows firewall.  It takes very good care of itself just as Windows Defender does.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Over time I thought the firewall needed to be reset.

will now not reset to default and let it work.

Thank you

This time I remembered to copy and paste. Is it mybrowser? I could use Edge.

Edited by PDN, 10 February 2018 - 06:00 PM.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 6,839 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

I am not certain what you are asking with:  This time I remembered to copy and paste. Is it my browser?

What is it that you're trying to do that doesn't seem to be happening?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#5 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

When I type a message and click 'post' the message field turns blank. Do you remember we talked about this before.

So I always copy my message before sending it then edit and paste into the blank field. Then the edited post works.

I just had to do it again - see the edited times..

Edited by PDN, 10 February 2018 - 06:14 PM.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 6,839 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

All I can suggest is that you report this on the BleepingComputer Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions forum.

I know that this has been brought up before, and not just by you, and has been (and possibly still is being) looked in to.  The last report I had is that there has been no success in replicating this event nor in figuring out what it is that triggers it.  Until or unless both can be done fixing it is just not going to happen.  You can't fix what you can't reproduce.

I would suggest you pay very careful attention to what you may be doing just before hitting the "Post" button each time you post to see if you can determine any pattern.  You can also certainly try an alternate web browser, too, but I do not think this has been limited to any single browser.

I've had it happen on a couple of occasions but it's been quite a while since the last occasion.

~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users