Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything in lower right corner just flashes...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Senna12

Senna12

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

ok, so I have a friends laptop with Windows 7.  when you go to the bottom right by the clock, anything you select, the clock, wireless icon, sound icon they all just flash real quick and you can't select anything.  Have also noticed that sometimes when you open windows explorer the top toolbar just flashes too.

Any ideas? I have done all the updates.  It did not have a system restore point.

Any suggestions??

Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 10 February 2018 - 03:26 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

Does it do this in Safe Mode ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Senna12

Senna12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

I cant seem to boot to safe mode.  Tried all the F keys. When I click on the windows logo( bottom left - old start menu key) it does the same thing - flashes so quick you can't see or read anything. And can't select any option.  It is a Dell Inspiron laptop.

Thank you

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

If your computer has only one operating system (OS), tap the <F8> key rapidly as your computer starts up. If the Windows logo appears, you've gone past and you'll need to restart your computer and try again.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

you can reboot by hitting ctrl alt delete all at once.....(or maybe ctrl alt backspace)

....or just shut down by holding the power button in....and then restart

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Senna12

Senna12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

ok, so took a bit but for this computer I had to hit the DELETE key to go to Safe Mode.  The problem still persists even in Safe Mode.  I am planning on taking a video of the problem with my phone, upload it to youtube and post the link here.  Not sure what else to try...

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

Will anything load??

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#8 Senna12

Senna12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:29 AM

Windows loaded.  Here is a video of what I am experiencing on his computer

#9 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

That's the dangest Windows 7 screen I've ever seen

#10 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

See if you can get into safe mode, if you can run your security software.  I had I think was hte same issue, it took Eset online scanner to get rid of it.

#11 Senna12

Senna12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Sorry Joe C, I meant to say Windows 10. 

OldPhil, is Eset free? It couldn't find a free version. I am in safe mode and ran Malwarebytes but it did not find anything.

Any other free virus scans I could try?

Since it isn't my computer I hate to purchase anything and put it on his computer.

Thank you

Edited by Senna12, 10 February 2018 - 05:15 PM.

#12 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Yes Eset is free online scanner, it is one time use.

https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/

#13 Senna12

Senna12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

Thanks. I ran Eset and it did not find any threats. 

#14 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

Follow these instructions.  In the search line type CMD when it pops up right click and run it as administer, click the allow bos a DOS box will open.  Type sfc /scannow note the space after sfc, hit enter this will check the systems files for possible issues. 

#15 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

windows 10......that makes a difference !...follow OldPhil's instructions.

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users