Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ideologies.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

I never been a fan of organized religion but I respect someones right to believe and practice what they want. Personally I'm agnostic pantheist and I started questioning the nature of God when when was about five and half years old, while I technically don't believe in a God there's no way to prove or disprove the existence of one.

So whats your belief are you Christan, Atheist, Buddhist etc? Please share.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

Atheist.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

Believer.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#4 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 837 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:01 AM

I'm a believer.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

Linux Lite 3.6 Xenial (64bit) / ASUS Motherboard M4A785-M (08-18-2010) / AMD Phenom X3 8650 "Toliman" Processor 2.3 GHz / [AMD/ATI] RS880 [Radeon HD 4200] Integrated Graphics Adapter / G.SKILL 4.0 GB, PC2-6400 DDR2 Memory.

#5 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:13 AM

No question about it..............BELIEVER.

#6 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

I see three of you said believer. But what do you mean by that?

#7 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 837 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

I see three of you said believer. But what do you mean by that?

It's simple.

I believe in God and I believe in going to Church.

Religion is based totally on ones faith and belief in God plain and simple.

The Wife and I both come from generations of old school Catholic families and raised our family the same way.

The Wife and I go to Church every Sunday and though out the week if we want as we enjoy doing so and also attend regular Church social events sometimes dinners or breakfast as it is a good way to meet new people and have a good time.

We don't push our Religion on others as we aren't the best Catholics and don't agree with everything about the ways of Catholic Church but enjoy going so we do.

Bottom line you believe in God or you don't it's a personal thing and  you go to Church or you don't it's a personal thing.

This is only my opinion.

Life is good. :wink:

Edited by The-Toolman, 10 February 2018 - 08:11 PM.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

Linux Lite 3.6 Xenial (64bit) / ASUS Motherboard M4A785-M (08-18-2010) / AMD Phenom X3 8650 "Toliman" Processor 2.3 GHz / [AMD/ATI] RS880 [Radeon HD 4200] Integrated Graphics Adapter / G.SKILL 4.0 GB, PC2-6400 DDR2 Memory.

#8 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

It's simple.

I believe in God and I believe in going to Church.

Religion is based totally on ones faith and belief in God plain and simple.

The Wife and I both come from generations of old school Catholic families and raised our family the same way.

The Wife and I go to Church every Sunday and though out the week if we want as we enjoy doing so and also attend regular Church social events sometimes dinners or breakfast as it is a good way to meet new people and have a good time.

We don't push our Religion on others as we aren't the best Catholics and don't agree with everything about the ways of Catholic Church but enjoy going so we do.

Bottom line you believe in God or you don't it's a personal thing and  you go to Church or you don't it's a personal thing.

This is only my opinion.

Life is good. :wink:

My parents are protestants and they weren't happy when they found out that I was a nun-believer, though they got over it eventually.

#9 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

What the heck- I believe in God, not in a religious sense, am an odd duck. Our dad exposed us to many, 5 yrs. old and beyond- Mormon, then Christian Science, Religious Science (more metaphysical), 4 years in a Southern Baptist Christian school where an important curriculum was Bible study, couple others. Sorta so us kids could make our own choices, if desired, without imposed directional blinders.

Followed with books on Buddhism, Taoism, meditation, even took some classes in Scientology out of curiosity (my opinion: cultish). Many others I can't recall. It wasn't to cover all bases as insurance (Mumbo Jumbo, God of the Congo could be Big Boss all along anyway :) ) but for a general view.   

We got married outside with a Methodist minister as our family and friends form a spectrum from atheist, Jewish, Catholic, traditional Christians from different denominations... and didn't want a Bible thumper heading the show.

So that's it. My wife and I believe in God, we just skip the middlemen (churches). 
Both of us are happy. 

But... seems this thread leans toward religion, isn't ideology more of a system of ideas basic to economy or political theory? A brief 'net check points in that direction.

#10 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

But... seems this thread leans toward religion, isn't ideology more of a system of ideas basic to economy or political theory? A brief 'net check points in that direction.

Yeah thats true but I didn't know what else to call it since atheism isn't a religion.

#11 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 336 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

Hopefully I wasn't drawing too fine a terminological line, and your comeback makes overlapping sense to me. :)

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:42 AM

Listen.

....there is a bit more to me than that song suggests...but you get my drift

Edited by Condobloke, 11 February 2018 - 12:44 AM.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#13 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 738 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

Nice song Condobloke it kinda reminds me of the Star Trek Enterprise intro. :thumbup2:

#14 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

For those who need a god, there is one available, one of each kind, flavor or color.  All "gods" of these professed religions claim that any others are "false gods".  I think the figure is around 350 different religions around the globe.  If there is indeed a GOD, is he an alien???? Must be with those incredible powers.  With all those powers and he ALLOWS all this suffering??  Which god will stop this.?????  Who can stop this, we can. Each of us in our own way can stop it and add it to the blessings unto which ever god you chose but don't push your god on to me, I have my own.  To look at what we know exists, in this solar system, in this galaxy or one 13 Billion light years away, was all created by a god....  When, we know how long the planet has existed and how long the current version human has been here, that's a long time for one "entity" to exist and hold sway over an entire planet and its inhabitants.  Go meet your virgins or Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates or the gates of hell.  Some one come back and prove us right, wrong or whatever the truth really is.  No one ever has.    Persons talking to others about their dead relatives messages is so much of a circus, the dead are dead.  Period.  For many they remain in our hearts until it's our turn and each makes their own choice.  Who do you want to be re-united with when you die??? Ain't gonna happen, believe if that makes you happy, relish it, for it will happen.  We all came in the same way, we all go out the same way.  No re-incarnation, resurrection or rebirth.  Plenty claim to have had a previous life, more garbage.  end rant here

Edited by mjd420nova, 12 February 2018 - 03:03 PM.

#15 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 738 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

Nicely said mjd420nova. :)

And even there is a god why be dependent on it, don't expect it to solve all your problems you have a sentient mind use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users