Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OC CPU/GPU advice *Beginner*

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maliciousupload

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

Scroll to the bottom if no interest in hearing about my life :D

So I have little knowledge about OC and and attempting to get into it recently after having some spare time on my hands/getting fed up with frame rate drops in bf4.

i7 4790k
Noctua nh-d15
Corsair vengeance pro 8gb X 2
Asus GTX 770 direct cu II
250gb HyperX sad
1tb Seagate HAD

So after owning this rig for around 3 years and doing a bleep job when I first assembled it, have done a proper build that was finished last night!

-Mounted the cooling unit the right way
-Taken out any unnecessary bay trays and orientated all drives above the front case fan to optimize air flow
-Proper cable management to optimize air flow/looks way better
-Flipped the power supply unit so it is exhausting out of the case instead of having its fan pointing into the case haha
-The GPU is now in the proper PCIe express slot instead of the one near the bottom of the board.. lol

Anyways, I have heard lots of negative advice about any of the "auto" software/hardware (gpu tweak, AI suite3, tpu/EZ xmp/epu) and to just do it manually through the BIOS. Which I am fine with but before I get into that I have a couple concerns.

So I must have bumped that tpu switch upon first build years back to position 2 which is a base multiplier I believe and after attempting to even benchmark the cpu using prime95 it crashed. Same thing happened after using GPU tweak and passmark.

Long story short airflow is good, all "auto" running switches on my board are set to OFF and I want to get a decent OC on my GPU/CPU but don't know what to do first?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

• Members
  • 3,947 posts
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

You may find help here: https://forums.overclockers.com.au/

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users