Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[:HELP:] Guide to update windows to its latest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shnxxx

Shnxxx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

Hi, I'm new to bleeping computer and this is my first post. :hello: :)

I'm planning to format my laptop because it starts to slow down, I've decided it already and backed-up important files and downloaded essential apps, like installers (.NET Frameworks, vcredist, drivers, utilities) and such. My problem is that, if I format it how can I update it to its latest? What's bothering me if I should download a year-long windows updates and year-long installations? 

I've already searched for it and tried to to my other laptop but it seems doesn't work, some sites tell that I should download KBXXXXX but when I start it, it says "This update is not applicable..." something like that. 

Can someone with a kind-hearted person there will tell me a step-by-step guide to overcome this?

Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Use auto updates...for critical updates only.

If an update it not critical, I don't bother to install it.  This works for me.

Louis

#3 Shnxxx

Shnxxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

How can I identify if it is critical or not?

I saw something on the internet,  Microsoft’s Convenience Rollup. Is this works? and how to do it?

Edited by Shnxxx, 10 February 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#4 Shnxxx

Shnxxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:56 AM

I appreciate any replies :D 

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

https://www.lifewire.com/windows-7-automatic-update-3507018

Louis

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,882 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

I've already searched for it and tried to to my other laptop but it seems doesn't work, some sites tell that I should download KBXXXXX but when I start it, it says "This update is not applicable..." something like that. 

Are you saying your new installation of Windows 7 is not Updating?  If so follow the directions at THIS LINK.  If you have a 32bit system then copy the KB Number and go find the 32bit Version.  This will take quite a while but let it download and install all updates, and Search For Updates like Four Times to get them all.

During the Install of your other machine, don't accept the Default of "Checking for Updates" Setting or something to that effect.  This way it won't start updating until after you've installed the Critical Prerequisites I've listed.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users