Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Retrieve FTP info from filezilla

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sivapriya

Sivapriya

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

So I fried my old laptop, but salvaged my hdd and put it in an enclosure, so it now serves as an external drive.  I can open filezilla that is loaded on that drive, but it does not have my site files info listed in the site files, even though I had it there for several websites. 

This is a real bummer, as I do work for several people and hope to avoid having to ask them all for their ftp info again. Eeep! 

I know, I should store backups of everything, but never really thought about that as far as ftp info.  Now it's is something I will have to plan better for to prevent this issue in the future. 

The external hdd has windows 8.1 loaded on it, with all of my old programs.  My new laptop runs windows 10.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

Look for a file named "sitemanager.xml" in the "X:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla\" directory (where "X" is the external drive), and then copy it to the corresponding directory on the internal drive.

#3 Sivapriya

Sivapriya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

Thank you for your response!  I didn't even realize you responded until today.  I was not able yet to locate that file, but the search on the external drive is so slow right now.  Fingers crossed. 

Have a great day! :D

#4 VBCONZ

VBCONZ

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:40 AM

I would recommend something like keepass.  I have hundreds of clients - and their log ins, cert details etc. Keepass is on my pc, backed up on my keychain / pen drive, and on my phone and an SSH enabled backup. No matter where I go I have their details and there are add ins that integrate with firefox and other apps. The password db is encrypted with a key and a password ( also well backed up ). I tried the (now hacked) online options and they were a huge PITN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users