Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Connected to TV. Bypass sound through HDMI?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 supermoverbros

supermoverbros

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

My TV only has Image, no sound. Ive tried the headphone jack and the red/white audio out. Nothing. But image works.

I was wondering if there is a way, in windows 7, to bypass the audio and have my laptop audio go through my side speakers? This way I dont deal with whatever issue the TV has with its sound.

Anyone know how I can connect the computer via HDMI (best picture) and disable sound. I will use the headphone jack from the laptop and connect it to my side speakers (its what I use now on my laptop).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 09 February 2018 - 09:52 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Inteernal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

Yes, in your sound playback options you can change the device being used for sound.  If you check you may be able to get the sound to go through HDMI.

#3 Greg-.-

Greg-.-

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

Do as BC Advisor suggested. In the sounds settings you'll be able to set playback sound to play out of the laptop not the HDMI screen and from there you set it to laptop and try plugging in the headphones see if it'll work then as it most likely should.

#4 supermoverbros

supermoverbros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Thank you guys. Will try today. My neighbor across the street left the tv out with a note stating that the sound doesnt work. I tried and couldnt get it tow work. but picture is perfect! One mans trash is another mans treasure for sure!

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Some units don't have the option to send the audio through the HDMI so headphones or powered external speakers on the LT would be needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users