Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7Update broken ( missing or corrupt status errors by all the Diagnostics done )

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LHVF

LHVF

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

Hi Everyone from the BleepingComputer Windows 7 Forums Section!

I'm very unsatisfied and preocupated to the situation that I am suffering, and I have no more available solutions that be of my acknowledgement to resolve my recent faced problems. Previously, I was posting only on the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs", the Malwares section, and the problems that I was facing change or increase for the related area, as the malware problem became problems with malware and BSOD, and now is corruptions and damages in my Windows 7 installation. Link of previous (unrelated topic to this Forum section) posted Topic and at the moment open Topic, at the Malware Response Team (thanks to @nasdaq member):

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/667555/rkill-detected-an-item-ndisrd-pupgen-strange-and-fake-network-driver/

In short words, I can say that at first glance, the problems seemed all to be related only with malware infections, or maybe because these have had not been treated adequately in the period, maybe some payload of remaining malware infections caused damages within system folders of my Windows 7 installation, and the Windows 7 Update feature started to not work properly anymore at the same.

I can give three hypoteses for this: 1) a remaining malware, that executed a payload, maybe a type of "virus", and damaged these parts of feature of Update on my Windows 7 installation; or 2) my brother has the computer hard drive access with an USB Flash Drive, that containing some type Linux LiveUSB installation, and maybe he may have deleted several parts of .dlls, drivers and system files, these crucials for that the Windows 7 have a good functionality and comportment of the OS; or 3) The Windows 7 was incorrectly (abruptly) shutdowned these last days by my father, and this while the Windows Update was running, and was loading some routine, and simply this made corrupted something on these system files, and made my Windows 7 the software started to crash vital parts, or even not finish almost every updates to be applicated in the updating processing.

Please, help me in this case, or at least say to me what should I do to revert this, or remedy (maybe will can resolve that with a "Startup Repair" after a Backup on my 2TB External Drive, of all personal content that is present in each user of this installation).

Should I provide more details?  Am I in the correct place to discuss these things? I've used all Windows 7 "*.diagcab" and Fixit's below, from these addresses:

https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-fix-windows-update-error/

and finally after all this, I still have tried this "*.diagcab" several times to complete:

*( The Troubleshooter version for Windows 7, 8 & 8.1, in such case )

Am I out of lucky, and I will have to make a "Reinstall" or even a "Clean install" of my Windows 7 installation? This installation have almost 4 years of updates, many Fixit'es (that nowadays were all removed from the Windows 7 Microsoft Support pages, for became "*.diagcab" Troubleshooters only), patches, and I guess that I did something wrong in middle of way, because the Update catalog now says that my Windows 7 was never updated, despite this, I've deleted the "SoftwareDistribution" system folder (and all Database of Updatings stored together), according to these Tutorials below that improved the message showed in the log status for a while, but that after a reboot, the problems with Windows Update of my Windows 7 returned all back again as if they don't had helped nothing, and as if nothing have had been done for resolve the presented problems (a false-alarm of proper fixing of issues this manner..). The websites below, were which I've utilized these last days:

*( In Portuguese, but understandable on the contained instructions )

Maybe this would be also very useful in such presented case, at the moment:

Windows 7 complete update.

How to Update Windows 7 All at Once with Microsofts Convenience Rollup
http://www.howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rollup/

The BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) seems to be also broken, and but is listed in Services list, but is not working properly. I've also tried the FixWU Utility from the "The Windows Club" website, the "SFC /SCANNOW" both via Windows command prompt, as with the Windows 7 DVD Installation Disc, and re-registered manually all the related .dlls, but none of these mentioned solutions worked definitively in my case. Only CHKDSK, with the DVD Installation disc available Console of Windows 7 that I've not tried yet, to see if something improves someway. My installation began to have back (as was described to the @nasdaq Moderator on my post in section of Malwares, that currently is a case in treatment) problems in the DNS part, and there is a remaining Bank module, that propably a malware took control  on it, this Java Module today an unnecessary Module, that maybe is causing slowness with Network DNS part (a Spyware, maybe someway, according to some sources that I found on the Internet), that I still have to completely remove from my PC all the remaining traces (the Bank that previously utilized this Module, nowadays only uses a Mobile Client App).

What the best thing to do at the moment? Could the "Tweaking.com" help in something in such case?

I 'll send in this topic in a Shared Google Drive Folder all the recent logs of "*.diagcab" and Fixit'es that I passed, in the tentative to revert the status of missing or corrupting functionality, in the Windows Update problem that I'm here facing at the moment.

Obs.: The Windows 7 "System Restore" don't even works currently, maybe due to an after installation via Adware of Baidu AV, and also many Adware infections already removed and neutralized, and this System feature cannot even either revert to a point on my computer, such as a point where the my Windows 7 installation was working  and running correctly without any problem in Windows Update stuff, the state that it was at the beginning of this current month of February. Please help and advice to me for what should be done, and what is still possible to do in this situation here described. And don't have seen nothing similar to this before (corruption that not fixes with the "SFC /SCANNOW" issue command, Fixit'es or "*.diagcab's"), only now I'm facing a hard situation scenario, and that in such case is not being too easy to fix as is being presented until the moment. Sorry for my bad English. It is not my mother tongue.

I guess that I have provided the necessary information, and I don't infringed some Forum Rule the way I've written this post. If positive, I'll alter accordingly, if I've used incorrectly my expression to these interrelated problems. I don't want to resolve malware parts here, but if confirmed, I'll back to my original post in Malware Forum section, to not break the Rules of this Forum. The LOG's were not in the accepted format for post.

Note: Here below is the Sharing link to the Folder at Google Drive promised (Fixit'es, LOG's, and Softwares stuff mentioned):

Best Regards.

Waiting a return, ASAP.

Thanks,

@LHVF  ( Brazil )

Edited by LHVF, 09 February 2018 - 12:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

Many times following suggestions for trying things (suggestions that begin with the word "try") instead of suggestions for doing things can make situations worse than they were before.

You say that all your updates have been removed - how did you determine that?

If you have followed the advice of renaming of the SoftwareDiistribution folder (and all that stuff that goes with that idea) one thing nobody seems to mention when suggesting that is that doing so will wipe out your Windows Update history (and some other things) so it might appear all your update have been removed when they really haven't.

You need to check the Installed updates and see what that looks like - is that also empty?

You can sort by the Installed On column header (then wait) to see when the last time a Microsoft Windows Update was installed - does that look encouraging?

You say The BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) seems to be also broken - why do you think it is broken?

Describe or post a screenshot of what happens when you attempt to from Control Panel Windows Update, Check for Updates.

In the past couple of months a fairly common malady is a screen like this (or similar):

Edited by joseibarra, 09 February 2018 - 09:19 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#4 LHVF

LHVF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

Hi again!

Hi @hamluis! I tried to run Speccy Standard (Portable version), I came across with this screen, with an error very similar to  this error: 

rH8NMmK.png

and after this error, I can presume that many things and processes are not running properly on my Windows 7 Installation. The System had problems with these proceedings of re-register .dlls (this below listed in this Help Topic of Questions & Answers of "Microsoft Answers":

https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-7-windows-update-n%C3%A3o-funciona/fb588455-6487-4e34-a7d9-262ea9965912?auth=1

These .dlls fails to re-register, according to this Microsoft Tutorial:

(and following also this at origin):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

*( How do I reset Windows Update components? )

As I had already tried this of re-register dlls, and the .dlls re-registered, this .dlls says that don't existed on my Windows 7 installation, I think that many libraries are broken at my Windows 7 Installation:

regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll

regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll

regsvr32.exe browseui.dll

regsvr32.exe msxml.dll

regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll

regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll

regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll

regsvr32.exe initpki.dll

regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll

regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll

regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll

regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll

regsvr32.exe muweb.dll

NoteIn this post also follows the solicited logs by @hamluis.

At the moment my Windows Update and BITS seems to be really broken in some part, according to the logs of this Diagnostic Cabinet:

e0b6Lm2.png

Windows Update option selected, and the final screen:

V6BBsgj.png

The remaining only error is this according to this output log generated onve finished the Troubleshooter Assistent (Windows Update option selected):

Erro do Windows Update 0x80070057(2018-02-10-T-01_35_50)

Corrigido

treated as resolved, but, actually isn't. The errors messages of fixing are always equal (always the same, in the same thing part, pratically). The last screen says that something was fixed, but running once again, the errors back again, as nothing had been done in respect to remedy:

a6ryCcI.png

And I can mark that is still with problems, as shown in the LOG's:

BITS (option selected):

aCTWyh1.png

Error remaining (the same as described when the "Windows Update" option is selected, bot the only remaining at this Diagnostic Cabinet Troubleshooter):

Erro do Windows Update 0x80070057(2018-02-10-T-02_20_39)

Corrigido

Here is the LOG's in a Shared folder recent and all recent stuff made by me, and can demostrate something is going wrong on my Windows 7 Installation:

<https://goo.gl/iev7kz>

This is what I see in my Contro Panel at the moment, and after also of have deleted as this suggestion above:

cuqGv3a.png

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

*( How do I reset Windows Update components? )

• Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
  • Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

*(I deleted this last listed, because an "Access denied" in command prompt in renaming, and have lose the Windows Update of my seven twice, maybe.., in the tentative to fix my installation, but doesn't worked. Sometimes looks like this the "WindowsUpdate.diagcab", other attempts and times not:

lwS6ghE.png

When doing things in Systems Foders, some numerous of messages in **.diagcab" improved, but soon after, back again, as not fixed yet. I also tried this, to proceed the possible fix of my Windows 7 installation, I tried these Tutorials, but came across with no avail for definitively fix the problems, nothing works as should, and the fixes only repeats the same message of have repaired something, all identical messages. 

Speccy don't runs properly on my Installation, something is missing on my Installation certainly.

*( The Troubleshooter version for Windows 7, 8 & 8.1, in such case )

. And I confirm that accidentally I've been deleted the "SoftwareDistribution.old" renamed folder, and lose more than three (3) years of Updates history. No luck. Really, I will need this:

Windows 7 complete update.

How to Update Windows 7 All at Once with Microsofts Convenience Rollup
http://www.howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rollup/

(AKA Windows 7 "SP2"), and this that will very needed for my installation repairing:

http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-tips-tutorials-articles/32568-how-repair-windows-7-a.html

*( The Reinstall, with "Startup Repair" from the Windows 7 DVD Installation Disc )

. I'll try to perform a "Reinstall", for don't lose thus, at least the Windows Activation, and at the first day the next week, I plan to copy all important files to my 2TB External Drive, and safely repair my System, preserving the important drivers installed, system files .dlls in general etc.. , for so then I start to repair my System. I can notify that I've a dual boot Linux installed on my 1TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive (and need to be cautelous about use "Startup Repair" Feature, for don't lose the GRUB manager of my installed Linux Distribution, once that Windows makes alterations in the boot manager doing some "Startup Repair" fixing), I as sad notice, I can conform me that I've lose three (3) years of System Updates accumulated around these ininterrupt 2014 - today constant updates (and very sad to discover this, in my erratic follows of Brazilian Microsoft Answers website).

Note: As a important notification, I can't really use Windows Update of my Windows 7, because, once it finish to install, this screen is shown in my Monitor (CRT because I've not much money to buy a new one):

ZgqrVfK.jpg

Equivalent to this (in English):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/949358/failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-error-when-you-t

*( "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes." )

Note[2]: Sorry for my bad English, today haven't time to revise my text before send again. But I'll fix it later.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

@LHVF, ( Brazil )

Edited by LHVF, 10 February 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#5 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

Renaming/deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder does not cause you to lose any Windows Updates - only the Update History is removed.

No Windows Updates are removed or uninstalled.

If you look at Installed Updates everything there should be intact.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#6 LHVF

LHVF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

Renaming/deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder does not cause you to lose any Windows Updates - only the Update History is removed.

No Windows Updates are removed or uninstalled.

If you look at Installed Updates everything there should be intact.

And what about you think of this line from the Microsoft Tutorial for fix that I did as suggested there: 

• Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

The remaining problem showed by the:

WindowsUpdate.diagcab

Problemas detectados

Service registration is missing or corrupt

Service registration is missing or corrupt

Não corrigido

Corrigido

Source:

.Deleting after renaming the inaccessible catroot2 (renaming to "catroot2.bak"), then have I lose my Windows Update history? I will clearly need a Windows Reinstall ("Startup Repair") at the moment, according to what is happening now in the computer comportments recently. Don't know if "Tweaking.com" can improve something (and I've been used it these last days). I also have registered at the "sevenforums.com" Windows 7 Forums, but they seems to be very resctrict on what should be quoted and posted in that Forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3208964/forums-rant.html

*( Seven Forums Rant! )

Could you advice me what next steps should I do in this situation? Will I do need the Autopatcher, since the "SFC /SCANNOW" command both from Windows 7 installed, as the DVD Installation disc Console and both said that no violation was found? Many dlls are broken on my Windows 7 Installation, and I cannot use Windows Update, the BITS related Windows Update has a mal-function, and always the same things are fixed, and soon after shows that are corrupted in this *.diagcab":

*( The Troubleshooter version for Windows 7, 8 & 8.1, in such case )

Could I to utilize instead the CPU-Z .zip, or HWiNFO32 to Report my Hardware Configuration, since the Speccy doesn't work properly on my PC? Seems that many system parts are corrupted, and the things don't works as they should. Do you not consider to me perform a "Reinstall" ("Startup Repair") for fix .dlls, maybe drivers and system files issues?

Note: See my last post with many updates applicated there.

Wating a return, ASAP.

Best Regards.

Thanks.

@LHVF ( Brazil ).

Edited by LHVF, 11 February 2018 - 12:26 AM.

#7 LHVF

LHVF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

Hi again to Everyone from BleepingComputer Windows 7 Forums section!

Follow below the Sharing link to the Report of my Hardware Configuration generated by the HWiNFO32 (alternative to the Speccy software) under the .PDF format made with Chrome from the original .HTML Report file (since that the Speccy software don't runs properly on my PC with Windows 7), for Analysis:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v4-1563zb-IFX10USKWrofDmHhOx7ZXc/view?usp=drivesdk

. I hope that this serves for anything needed, instead of be using exclusively the Speccy for online PC specs publishing. The .PDF file will take an undefined time, unless I delete it.

Please, accept this kind of Report from this another software, because I don't have nothing else besides this for Report my Hardware Configuration, since Speccy is not working at the moment on my Windows 7 installation. I tried to share this file at the Google Sites, but my attempt failed on the visualization for an outside user, such as an user without a GMail connected account at the moment access my past provided, such as is the case of all here in the Forum, thus being my Sharing without the needed of a GMail login authentication for preview the .PDF file.

Note: My PC, according to HWiNFO32, in my Hard Drive has many CRC file errors in several parts of my partition of Windows 7 existent on the Disk, confirming, maybe, that after several Windows 7 abruptly shutdownings made by my father this year, specífically, by doing this wrong action, may have triggered to and has caused serious damages recently on the NTFS partition probably:

QKlyylo.png

. I will perform a Full CHKDSK Scan tomorrow, with all parameters allowed for a NTFS filesystem type from the Windows 7 DVD Installation Disc on the available Console there. I'd should have made an Image Backup on my External HD in the past, for the purpose to Restore my PC when needed, when this installation was healthy, after of have removed the Baidu AV, in the month of July of 2016. I'm still learning with my errors..

Someone has about what should be done in the next steps, for fix my Windows 7 Installation? Antivirus / Anti-malware scans may also be necessary too? The my Avast Premier don't notified nothing recently, and this is out of the scope on this Section of Forum at BleepingComputer.com.

PS.: I will respond today later, due to the time fuse, and the needed of sleep. Again, sorry for bad English. It's not my mother tongue.

Waiting a return, ASAP.

Best Regards.

Thanks.

@LHVF ( Brazil ).

Edited by LHVF, 13 February 2018 - 09:27 AM.

#8 LHVF

LHVF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

Hello again to Everyone from BleepingComputer.com Windows 7 Forums Section!

I've did some researches, and found this useful Tutorial:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-updates-fail-with-error-0x80070057/d7c23dab-f0e3-4ad7-983f-ea95ee305d6b?auth=1

from Microsoft Answers, that I'll try at the part of "System Update Readiness Tool":

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2509997/you-can-t-install-updates-on-a-windows-based-computer

. My presented errors are very similar to this linked. If some viruses are still being encountered in my installation, then any of these advices will not work properly on my PC, which I'm trying to figure out. These another listed options here other than the option "Method 5: Run the System Update Readiness tool (CheckSur.exe)", all these another options doesn't makes effect for resolve the problem, such as soon after, in a short time, then the problems come back, as if nothing had been done in respect for fix the problems.

Are that latest found advices useful for my case? I'll try to run "System Update Readiness Tool", once that I will have more time at this weekend, and since the performed "CHKDSK" scan with all allowed NTFS filesystem parameters (e.g. "CHKDSK C: /F /R /B /X"), haven't found any issues or integrity violation in my Windows 7 partition. This Tutorial go beyond, and teaches how to fix an individual update problem, as such this my case:

Corrigido

. Might I find the Windows 7 Update. and try to fix the:

0x80070057 ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER The parameter is incorrect.

, and go to the correction of the respective Windows Update KB.

If a malware be the case, after some scans that I'll perform the next days, if something be found, then I'll do this proceedings of scans more in detail. The only cons, is if my Windows Update feature of my Windows 7 be really broken and if I need to fix it somehow, for proceed with "System Update Readiness Tool". They (the MS) considers this mentioned proceeding much Professional for Home users, recommending only the Online Troubleshooter and the Diagnostic Cabinet, as a novice would know manipulate only this.

Waiting a return, ASAP.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

@LHVF, ( Brazil).

Edited by LHVF, 15 February 2018 - 12:32 AM.

#9 LHVF

LHVF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:42 AM

Hello again to Everyone from BleepingComputer.com in Windows 7 Forums Section!

I guess that I've discovered why my Windows 7 is breaking in many parts of its installation:

The my HD is dying, and I need to replace it with the RMA of the Seagate ASAP, if this be still possible (what I'll discover this week). I will enter in contact with them with a call that I will do to the Support of the Seagate via Telephone, and thus I'll to collect some considerations from them for my Internal HD, opening a RMA with the Invoice that I have of it, to discover what I still can do in respect this hard drive, according to what they will say to me that is possible in the telephone contact.

I was already knowing about this, or I was suspicioned, because suddenly the Windows 7 Update feature appeared broken, and I was relating it to some wrong comportment that was done, as my father insists in abruptly turning off this computer, when I ultrapass the horary that he enforce. And only a few incorrect shutdownings wouldn't not cause so many damages, because only this wouldn't effectively create many corruptions in a short period time. Several times in the past I've needed to recreate some user Profiles via regedit, deleting the .bak entry to the referred corrupted Profile, for start all once again, having I thus to move all my files back after this. It's proves the end of good functioning of my hard drive there is some time, as a comportment of long date. The my Windows 7 installation, lags many times currently the loading of the softwares, with delays on the Aero interface of the softwares loaded, and is delaying recently also the audio of the System, with a buzz together since the last boot yesterday, being this comportment clearly a symptom of some corruption and bad functioning of the hard drive, affecting the operating system. The S.M.A.R.T. Status of my HD according to HWiNFO32 is 'Warning'. I will clone this HD with Clonezilla, and I will replace my HD with another that I have for while, and after, maybe, I will to receive a new one, if I confirm that this replacning will be needed, logically after of do the tests with the software SeaTools for DOS prior  the proceeding of sending for the RMA, and also after of phoning to them, for I stay knowing thus if the proceeding of replace under the warranty is still possible currently in my case, and if confirmed the possibility of I still be able to send it to the Seagate, I will concretize this proceeding this manner. I couldn't Repair my Spooler, even with this software:

https://www.techsupportall.com/print-spooler-is-not-running/

*( Print Spooler Repair Tool )

, and this is another clear symptom of corruption of files in my Windows 7 Installation in many parts of the operating system (an icon of "triangle with an exclamation inside" appears in Printers Control Panel in all installed Printers, and I cannot print anything, even doing a reinstallation of the Printers drivers -- the Spooler Service is giving symptoms that is corrupted).

Note: I'll prepare to make these next days a "Repair Install" of my Windows 7 installation, and in the past posts I was not meaning that would do a "Clean Install" or "Reinstall", as I said wrongly in my earlier reply comments. And again, sorry for my bad English.

Waiting a return, ASAP.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

@LHVF, ( Brazil ).

Edited by LHVF, 23 February 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#10 LHVF

LHVF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Hello once again to Everyone from BleepingComputer.com in Windows 7 Forums Section!

Update: I have contacted from telephone in the phone number of Seagate Support this week to stay knowing about the possibility of me still can open a RMA for my Internal Desktop SATA3 HDD (1TB Seagate Barracuda), and a person from the Support Staff said to me that the valid period to open a RMA for it had been expired in February, 2015 (I've bought this HDD in November, 2013, and in 2015 the HDD was still in good conditions at that time), and she also said that that I would have no guarantee for this HDD this current year, even with Invoice in hands, because the RMA valid period have had expired since that year. The Seagate Desktop HDDs have only 2-year of Limited Warranty.

Then I'm planning to buy a new bigger HDD this year, with 2TB of capacity, same brand and model line, because the current in use HDD maybe is failing and it is may needing a full scan test it with the Software SeaTools for DOS for it, checking and also ensuring its integrity and good functionality (and only after the contained files on it went unoccupied and its data be backuped/cloned prior this procedure) and it needs to be replaced by a new one, since it is almost full currently, and it has more than 3 years of Windows Updates (this Windows 7 will complete exactly "4 years" of installed in April this year) and has also important configurations that I don't want them to be lost. This manner my Windows 7 installation will be only 'Repaired' at the moment, being thus this installation will not going to be reinstalled / formatted, in my first attempts of leaving this installation functioning for daily use, as my first plan and intention initially. This installation has years of updates, and I'm going to be only performing a "Repair Install" on this. After the repairing and these proceedings if all be successful, after this I will to Clone the old HDD with the well known "Clonezilla Linux Distribution", and by last will redimensionate the dual-boot cloned partitions in the new bigger HDD with Gparted software also in Linux, making the partitions to fit to the all capacity of Storage of the HDD, this without to be losing the WPA ("Windows Product Activation" a Microsoft technology -- I'm experienced in such procedure). Again, sorry for my bad English.

PS.: Would have someone any thoughts or ideas to my case? At a first attempt to fix my Windows 7 installation, I'll only try to make a "Repair Install", in a first moment. I've bought and am waiting the arrive of a new off-board Network Adapter, because the current is with bad contact and is not working properly to anything. The on-board Network Adapter (this that no longer works on Windows since a long time ago) still does works properly at least on Linux for help me at the moment.. I do not have a compatible off-board network card available with me for now.

Note: The Assistent Tool for Diagnostics for resolve Network problems of Windows 7 on my installation was also failing as many other Windows parts as I've seen at the last boot that I did, with an status error of impediment.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

@LHVF, ( Brazil ).

Edited by LHVF, 03 March 2018 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users