Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 58.0.1: Mozilla releases fix for critical HTML hijack flaw

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cathryn2

Cathryn2

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

I am not  sure where to post this, I have Windows 7 & Firefox. Firefox was exploited with the "Chrome" issue not to be confused with Google Chrome,  All I want to do is; copy my Firefox passwords & bookmarks to a thumb drive.Then completely remove Firefox/Mozilla profile. Just need help with passwords & bookmarks to a flash drive.

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2018 - 06:23 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

I haven't used this tool and I can't confirm it will work in the latest Firefox. I have actually taken screenshots of my Firefox

passwords as a backup. Be sure to read all the info in the link before using if you decide to do so.

PasswordFox - Reveal the user names/passwords stored in Firefox

You can backup your bookmarks by clicking on History > Show All Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Export Bookmarks to HTML.

Save on your desktop, email or flash drive...or all 3.

EDIT: If you have Google Chrome browser installed you can import both Bookmarks and Passwords from Firefox. You can

reverse that...import Google Chrome Bookmarks and Passwords into Firefox.

Edited by buddy215, 08 February 2018 - 05:11 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Cathryn2

Cathryn2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

Thank you,Browser is Firefox, way too much drama, searching to just copy my passwords w/o taking Firefox along to new install. Just wanted to save the passwords,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users