Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Bios when installing windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Himsa

Himsa

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

I'm trying to install windows 10 after a reformat but running into a problem with my boot order. Instead of beginning the install from the usb I made or from a disk I always get the message that there is no OS installed and to connect a drive with an OS. I can get to the boot order in the bios but my choices there don't seem to matter or take effect. No matter what I choose it is always stuck on HD first. Is there any way around this? or to force my bios to boot from USB or disk drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Additional details are needed.  Particularly what is the make and model of your computer and what version of UEFI/BIOS is running on it?

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 Himsa

Himsa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

I'm not sure there is a make and model number for the computer, it's a pre-built that I got on newegg I think. The bios says: Award Software International, inc. XV FSb, 2/27/2013

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

If it's pre-built it has to have been pre-built by some company.

In any case, the easiest thing you can do to provide the information that those who wish to help might need is to take a Speccy snapshot and post the URL for it in your next message.  Here are downloadable step-by-step instructions for doing this:

- Using Speccy,  PDF Format 
                     - Using Speccy,  MS-Word Format

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#5 opera

opera

• Members
  • 966 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

Is Secure Boot enabled? If so you may have to change it to Legacy

Some info here

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/install-windows-10-from-usb

0 user(s) are reading this topic