Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell latitude 7280

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Hi i have a dell latitude 7280 i have downgraded it from windows 10 to windows 7, i have installed all drivers and they are up to date, however, i cannot connect to external monitor with hdmi nothing happens i have tried downloading different drivers i put in the servie tag and it gives me the driver but when i try install it says my computer doesnt meet the minimum requirements, i have also tried to download an intel driver directly from intel same issue, has anyone any ideas please?

also i cannot change the berightness i have googled this and followed several links but those fixes do not work for me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:17 PM

Drill down in this article, you probably have ARM, some drivers do not work with ARM.  You may end up fooling around with Win 10 drivers.

https://www.howtogeek.com/309119/what-is-windows-10-on-arm-and-how-is-it-different-from-windows-rt/

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

Describe how you downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

When the system was running Windows 10 did the HDMI to external monitor work okay?

Describe how you are trying to change the brightness that doesn't work.

If you don't want to get more of the same suggestions/ideas you have already tried you might tell us some of the things you have tried that don't work.

Tell us the Dell Service Tag number so we can take a look too.

Do this so we can see what you have:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.

For video device and driver information, expand the Components, click Display, click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just delete it from the pasted information.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users