Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with new plug in Webcam

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MinniePeeps

MinniePeeps

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

I've got a Skype interview Friday morning but the Webcam I bought today is one that plugs into USB port and is meant to be ready to use straight away, no disc needed. When I plug it into the USB nothing happens and it's as if I haven't plugged it in! The USB port works fine for my speakers. Can anyone please help me?
My operating system is 4GB, 32 bit, Windows 7 professional.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

Have you gone to the webcam manufacturer's support page for that precise model and downloaded and installed the drivers for this device meant for Win7 32-bit?

Not everything that's supposed to be "plug n' play" in Windows 7 turns out to behave that way.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

If the Webcam is generic and you cannot find any driver look in Device Manager for a device with a yellow exclamation mark. It may be under the Imaging Devices section. Right click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line into your next post.

#4 MinniePeeps

MinniePeeps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

I can't find a support page for the manufacturer as it's just a generic brand but when I get home from work I'll look in Device Manager for the Hardware IDs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users