Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant select text while dragging or double clicking

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Baal

Baal

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

As the title says suddenly I cant select text by either dragging or double-clicking it in  Poker software I use (Bodog), it works fine if I press "Num lk" the grey highlight turns blue and It works but that has to be done for every instance, meaning when the "bet box" goes away and re-appears as its my turn to act I cant select the text again.

Recently it didnt recognize the keyboard so I had to reinstall the drivers (It is a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate) and also contacted the poker company and they told me nobody has reported this and I feel the issue is on my side and keyboard/settings related.

kUfTwTG.png

Help

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 07 February 2018 - 05:32 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'External hardware'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baal

Baal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

ot sure why this was moved to hardware the most hardware related I can think this is about is the driver but is still software

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Drivers...can be considered...are considered...both hardware and software issues.  Software (AV, firewall, video editors, graphics editors, etc.) all have drivers and those situations are considered software problems.  Drivers for components or perifpherals...are considered hardware problems.

Keyboards are hardware...all the time.  Mice...are hardware...all the time.

I don't think it's clear from your post...just where the problem lies...and that's probably why it's considered a hardware topic.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 10 February 2018 - 06:29 PM.

#4 Baal

Baal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

yeah but the problem is more software related, not that I care that much where its posted I just want help but I've gotten no replies about it at all

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Does this work on any computer?  There exists software that intentionally makes it difficult to impossible to copy and paste in specific fields.

The first thing I'd do is fire up this program on a different computer to see how it behaves there.  If the behavior is consistent, then it's likely designed in.  If you have no difficulty with any other programs then I'd definitely say it's designed-in.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#6 Baal

Baal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

Tried it on the laptop and it has the same issues, I can select with shift-arrows, not with the mouse so yeah I suppose they bleeped it up in the update, nevermind then you guys can close this thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users