I know you want a dump report. but I have these problems first. The Boot Partitiion is empty but for temp, and doing a dir on Boot comes up with File not found. Booting from a Windows Install USB and running startup repair comes up with BadPatch. If I turn on the computer and watch, I am in an endless Boot Loop (7B error code). If I try last good, no difference (still bluing screening).
if I disable Restarting I see the 7B error. From what I see, it is not making a dump file. Please advise on how to get the dump file you need. One more note: A bad power adapter happened after this started happening and has been replaced. Before A ms update (a kernel one) was causing MS games to crash on starting. I feel it likely that "patch" might be the bad patch.
Now for the other questions:
· System Manufacturer :[HP]
· Exact model number (if laptop, check the label on bottom) [HP Pavilion 20 All in One]
· OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, or Vista? If Windows 10, please include the Version number and Build Number. [The Great and underrated Windows 7 Sp1 x86]
Under Windows 10, to obtain this information hit the Windows Key, type "winver", hit Enter.
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)?
· What was original installed OS on system? [unknown]
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? [unknown, Installed by USB]
· Age of the computer (hardware) [unknown]
· Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS [unknown]
· Laptop or Desktop computer?
· CPU [unknown , but believe it to be stock for cpu and video]
· Video Card [unknown , but believe it to be stock for cpu and video]
If Desktop please also include: [Desktop]
· Power Supply - brand & wattage [Currently Brick type, HP 65 Watt]
Did Bios Hard Drive and Memory Check Long Version, No Problems Found.
Edited by sstimson, 07 February 2018 - 03:38 PM.