Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Aio win 7 Boot Loop badPatch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sstimson

sstimson

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

I know you want a dump report. but I have these problems first. The Boot Partitiion is empty but for temp, and doing a dir on Boot comes up with File not found. Booting from a Windows Install USB and running startup repair comes up with BadPatch. If I turn on the computer and watch, I am in an endless Boot Loop (7B error code). If I try last good, no difference (still bluing screening).

if I disable Restarting I see the 7B error. From what I see, it is not making a dump file. Please advise on how to get the dump file you need. One more note: A bad power adapter happened after this started happening and has been replaced. Before A ms update (a kernel one) was causing MS games to crash on starting. I feel it likely that "patch" might be the bad patch.

Now for the other questions:

· System Manufacturer :[HP]
          · Exact model number (if laptop, check the label on bottom) [HP Pavilion 20 All in One]
        · OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, or Vista?  If Windows 10, please include the Version number and Build Number. [The Great and underrated Windows 7 Sp1 x86]
                  Under Windows 10, to obtain this information hit the Windows Key, type "winver", hit Enter.
        · x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)?
        · What was original installed OS on system? [unknown]
        · Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? [unknown, Installed by USB]
        · Age of the computer (hardware) [unknown]
        · Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS [unknown]

· Laptop or Desktop computer?
               · CPU  [unknown , but believe it to be stock for cpu and video]
               · Video Card  [unknown , but believe it to be stock for cpu and video]
                 If Desktop please also include: [Desktop
                      · MotherBoard[unknown]
                      · Power Supply - brand & wattage [Currently Brick type, HP 65 Watt]

Did Bios Hard Drive and Memory Check Long Version, No Problems Found.

Edited by sstimson, 07 February 2018 - 03:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sstimson

sstimson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

I am adding Information Just in case it helps

StartupRepairOffline

Unknown

ExternalMedia

BadPatch

And the BSOD Meessage

Tech Info

STOP 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Also Enabled Boot log. Where is that saved?

#3 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/. Even without and DMP files the Sysnative and Speccy reports can still help us see what might be going on. For the Speccy please be sure to copy the URL you get when clicking File/Publish snapshot. Thank you.

#4 sstimson

sstimson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

First  sorry about the late reply. I was sick yesterday, and the day before, it got too late. You want reports from the recovery mode, Is that correct?. I will need to flash drive those reports. Where are they stored, as  in no desktop to use, just recovery command mode, unless you want me to boot an winpe usb. If so, please send me a link.

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• 773 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

No, the reports requested in the link I posted. It lets us look at your DMP file (crash reports), and a full Speccy Report which shows us temps, voltages and health of hardware etc. Here's the link again https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/.

Edited by HyperHenry, 13 February 2018 - 10:45 PM.

#6 sstimson

sstimson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Currently the computer screen because it is in RECOVERY MODE says Administrator X:\Windows\System32\Cmd.Exe. I got here from SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS , Command Prompt. Startup Repair says the following: Startup Repair cannot repair this Computer automatically: And Here are the Problem Details:

Problem Event Name: Startup Repair Offline

Problem Signature 01: 0.0.0.0

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 21198551

Problem Signature 05: External Media

Problem Signature 06: 17

Problem Signature 07:  Bad Patch

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

After that is this : Read our pricacy statement online: and a web address

Understand What you request is being run from recovery mode. 

WINDOWS DURING BOOTING BLUE SCREENS

Disabling Auto Restart on boot failure displays this:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

• Running 
SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.exe from Command Prompt gives the following:

The Application has failed to start because of its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Please see the Application event log or use command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Runnung Spaccy  and saving as a text file gives this

https://expirebox.com/download/63d0d435269f5d33d6158093b4d95b7c.html

#7 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• 773 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

With the Speccy report you can click file/Publish Snapshot and it'll give you an URL to copy and paste here. I don't trust 3rd party sites. It's also much easier to read. Thanks.

Glad you're feeling better.

Edited by HyperHenry, 14 February 2018 - 02:39 PM.

#8 sstimson

sstimson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

nice idea, but 1) no way to install in recovery mode (that I know of ), and no internet in Recovery mode. Trying to Publish results in this message: (likely because of no internet) : The server name or address could not be resolved. Options save (speccy or all) Save as Xml, or ( the one I did) save as text file

#9 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• 773 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

OK, now we're on the same page. I didn't realize the computer wouldn't boot. I'm probably not going to be able to help you but there are people here who can. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users