Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help to stop webform spam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sivapriya

Sivapriya

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:33 AM

I work for a small electrical services company.  On their wordpress based site, they have a webform (contact form 7).  It seems like suddenly, about a month ago, I started getting a bunch of spam through the webform.  Many messages with Russian text, many more from desperate marketers (if they were so good at marketing, they wouldn't need to spam webforms). 

Aside from blocking the IPs of the offenders, I have added a honeypot to thwart off bots, then I added a plugin to prevent copying and pasting of text into the webforms to hinder the desperate marketers.  The marketing messages still came, so then I added a captcha.  STILL they (the desperate marketers) are spamming me. 

Does anybody have any other ideas to prevent the spamming through the webform?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VBCONZ

VBCONZ

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

Add in the wp7 captcha form . if this is the old wp-7 as they haven't updated then  really-simple-captcha  plug in will do it otherwise there is the ability to add captcha using google.

if captcha doesn't work you know they are doing it by hand - ban their IP address. Wordfence security plug in will let you ban ips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users