Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Mid/High-End Keeps Crashing with Clean Windows Installation and Drivers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nomakkk

nomakkk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hi guys,

I’m having troubles with a new mid/high end PC and can’t find the problem, so I’m here for help…Basically, it hangs up, sometimes with a BSOD and sometimes I just have to manually reset it.

This started to happen 2 months ago, when windows got updated. That time, the BSOD had a variety of Stop codes, like machine check exception; clock watchdog timeout and few others. The solution was to recover to a point before windows update and stop those updates for 30 days (the maximum days windows let you). That pretty much worked, BUT after those 30 days windows got updated again… and those hangs up returned.

So, I decided to format the disk and do a clean windows installation, which worked for 1 week before pc starting to hangs up again! The 1st Stop Code I got (other times didn’t get a BSOD, the pc just freezes and had to reset it) was SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (fltmgr.sys + ntoskrnl.exe). After many restarts, I reinstalled the GPU drivers and got a full day of heavy use without any problem. But late that day, the pc got suspended and after a wake up it immediately got stuck again, and after that I got like 8 freezes in a row, with different stop codes:

• IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (ntoskrnl.exe)
  • WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR (stuck in 0%, no minidump)
  • CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT (stuck in 0%, no minidump)

Every driver is updated, BIOS also, no virus/malwares/etc, and there’s not a pointed action where it crashes, it can be on starts up, while playing, or while surfing the web. Yesterday I used it for 8 hs perfectly, and today I got already 5 crashes in a row.

The weird thing is almost the same happened like 5 months ago with another GPU (Radeon RX 570), where things pointed out that was a hardware issue and changed it for a GTX 1070. Everything was fine until that windows update…

Well, I’m uploading screenshots of BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed, and a HiJackThis log. PC spects:

• I7 7700K
  • GTX 1070
  • 270z gaming K5
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x4GB

Thanks in advice!

DropBox Images and Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wunzhc4tfmxazqc/AADrHyZf9S7ma4RbXBIi68gia?dl=0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Update 1:

- Sysnative BOSD Collection is uploaded in to DropBox

- Speccy (also in DropBox): http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jtQvBN8vlqvWfrPdJBStWI2

I also uploaded to DropBox the following test results (each in its respective folder):

- CPU: IntelBurn in Standard and Very High, but had to stop it coz temperatures (100°C). Also tried Prime95: used it for 5 min, temp was 100°C so I stopped it. Both without errors.

- GPU: Furmark and VideoMemoryTest. Both without errors.

- SD: HD Tune Benchmark in Free and Pro version got different results, also in the Health tab there is a communication error and could not run the File Benchmark because a I/O error. There is a CrystalDiskMark also.

- MEMORY: MemTest86 with all 14 test, only once and with both RAMs installed, but got no errors.

Edited by nomakkk, 08 February 2018 - 07:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

P.S. It's likely that your CPU is bad though we can't say for sure. Can you start running these hardware diagnostics - http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html? Be sure to run MemTest86 for EIGHT passes and run Prime95's BLEND test. Also, use one of the temperature monitoring programs suggested.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 nomakkk

nomakkk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:20 AM

Hi! thank you for replying and sry about the procedure.

The Sysnative is uploaded in the DropBox folder and here is the link of Speccy (also the file is in DropBox): http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jtQvBN8vlqvWfrPdJBStWI2

I also uploaded to DropBox the following test results (each in its respective folder):

- CPU: IntelBurn in Standard and Very High, but had to stop it coz temperatures (100°C). Also tried Prime95: used it for 5 min, temp was 100°C so I stopped it. Both without errors.

- GPU: Furmark and VideoMemoryTest. Both without errors.

- SD: HD Tune Benchmark in Free and Pro version got different results, also in the Health tab there is a communication error and could not run the File Benchmark because a I/O error. There is a CrystalDiskMark also.

- MEMORY: MemTest86 with all 14 test, only once and with both RAMs installed, but got no errors.

Question 1: about CPU temperature, the CPU cooler is insufficient, right? It is a Zalman cnps9800, which working at 100% still get 100°c. Anyway the crashes does not occur while CPU is in heavy use, its mostly on start ups and while playing low CPU usage games.

Question 2: about those errors in SD, does not seems worrying, right?

Edited by nomakkk, 08 February 2018 - 07:28 AM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hi there,

Please start by removing DAEMON Tools Lite, as it is known to cause BSODs.

Question 1: about CPU temperature, the CPU cooler is insufficient, right? It is a Zalman cnps9800, which working at 100% still get 100°c. Anyway the crashes does not occur while CPU is in heavy use, its mostly on start ups and while playing low CPU usage game

That could be the case — your CPU is definitely overheating. Since this is a new build, I am not so worried about dust in the case, BUT can you reseat your cooler and ensure there is an appropriate amount of thermal paste? It is indeed strange why the problem only occurs during low CPU usage; it could be that the CPU has been damaged by overheating?

Question 2: about those errors in SD, does not seems worrying, right?

Can you take a screenshot and send it to me please?

Are you referring to tests or passes? You need to run MemTest86 for eight passes.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

If you could load the zip file of the sysnative report it would be awesome. The dropbox stuff is too small to see. The first and third dump reports point to driver issues. It's possible that when you updated the drivers they didn't all install properly. Did you get them from the manufacturer's website or a third party program?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users