Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My pc keeps ruining any microphone i connect to it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elia93

elia93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

Hello,
So the problem began around 5 months earlier, before that i had the exact same equipment i have right now and everything was working perfectly with my microphone system, then all of sudden i saw my headset microphone making weird noises and does not record voices anymore and its just a loud noisy sound that exists in the microphone, at first, i thought there's a problem with my headset, i bought a new one and the new one worked all good for 2 weeks then same problem happened again ! but guess what, i connected the previous microphone i was using and it was working all fine, really strange! but not for long, just after couple of days the same problem happened again for the same mic and it didn't work again after that, then i went and bought my 3rd mic! this one worked all good for like 3 months til the same problem happened again and ruined my new mic too, i took my pc to an engineer and he said my computer case is noisy and they can't do anything about it, i've tried couple of ways, even used a usb mic instead of a jack plugin one, worked for like 2 weeks and same problem happened ! you think its my soundcard hardware or motherboard or...what? clear.png help pls i'm really in trouble !

here is a pic of how 2 of the ruined mics are appearing in my recording devices section, you can see the amount of noise on it.

411413253e3760f7acb9c47d15939e1d260e71c5

when i touch the case with my hand, it reduces the amount of noise a little bit! i really don't understand what's going on, a friend told me maybe your motherboard is giving electricity to the case, anyways, thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

The description is an indiction of a possible bad ground on the case itself.  This would lead to the noises and faults you've seen.  Faulty grounds can induce as much as the full line voltage to the case ground and this will scramble a lot of plug in devices that rely on ground.  Microphones are really prone to picking up all kinds of noises when not properly grounded.  The main clue I see is the changes in noise levels when the case is touched.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

I note you're using a USB microphone.  This may be of use if it can't be solved by other means - https://hifimediy.com/usb-isolator

The "engineer" who said the system was noisy - was this tested in situ, in other words where the computer is now, or was the system taken to a repairer?  Sometimes grounding problems can be caused by a fault in another device plugged in nearby, or maybe even a fault in the wiring in your home.  Is this a laptop, or desktop with internal power supply, by the way?

Edited by jonuk76, 08 February 2018 - 05:32 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users