Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smart TV Bluetooth Issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RomiRomixRo

RomiRomixRo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:07 AM

Hi everybody, I know a TV isn't really related to computers but I need help.

I have a HORIZON Smart TV and I'm struggling to access bluetooth on it.

In in the info menu of the TV, it says that my TV is capable of bluetooth technology, it tells me to go into System -> Sound ->

Audio Link to be able to pair other devices that have bluetooth, but there is no audio link, I searched every menu and there is no audio link, it's like it's not existent, I think I must be missing something.

Here is a screenshot about the sound settings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12sdyrIP2Hw652oF14d1pFNgLA6_EUFgQ/view

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1c-XydRGpNQV2SGWBMKK6gynph9Z8BXLD

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rragX4uFF9SWDgMERrQj4zu-lhLSrSJO

If you have any ideas, please share them.

Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:32 AM

Considering both Audio Link and Bluetooth Connectivity are described as Optional, I think it might be best to find out what that proviso means. It might be possible to discover from the full model number whether there are variants that do and don't have the facility, or whether a firmware update was required for the function.

Google hits seem to come up mainly Eastern European for a Horizon Smart TV, is the unit European sourced?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 RomiRomixRo

RomiRomixRo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

full model number? I pressed so many buttons on the remote that a menu popped up about a model number, also the tv is fully updated, last update was in 2017, the tv is always connected to the internet.

And yeah it's European I guess.

Also everything works as advertised except the bluetooth thing, so that's why I think I'm missing something, maybe I need to download a driver?

I consulted the manual but it doesn't say anything about these stuff.

Edited by RomiRomixRo, 07 February 2018 - 05:37 AM.

#4 RomiRomixRo

RomiRomixRo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:51 AM

This is the tv:

https://www.emag.ro/televizor-led-smart-horizon-61-cm-hd-24hl7110h/pd/DR53NNBBM/

sorry because it's in another language.

I have no idea about the bluetooth thingy, but would it require a sound bar?

Like, i connect the soundbar to the tv with a jack, then if I have a bluetooth device (like bluetooth headphones for example) it's going to connect to the soundbar.

I guess, or I'm going to get a bluetooth adapter, i dunno.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,730 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

This is the tv:

Unless I'm missing something, Bluetooth is conspicuously absent in both its features claimed, and its specifications.

"You are at hand complete connectivity options to enjoy flawless audio / video content (Intel® WiDi, integrated Wi-Fi,
USB 3.0 *, HDMI 2.0 *) as well as your favorite programs broadcast via digital terrestrial or cable (DVB-T2 / C)."

"Network Connection:
LAN
Wi-Fi Integrat"

#6 RomiRomixRo

RomiRomixRo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:23 AM

yeah I guess bluetooth is absent, I still don't know why they are in the menu info, it sucks that these features aren't well explained, they can misleading sometimes.

and yeah if my tv had bluetooth, I would have been able to access it, I'm not that a noob at tech xD

it's the most basic thing ever.

well I guess this misery is solved, thanks for your help and time.

I'm just going to get a bluetooth adapter and be done with this.

Thanks! 

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,730 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:42 AM

Sorry I can't offer a better conclusion! The help built into smart TVs typically covers all model variants, with provisos like Optional for features that may not be present in all versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users