Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I quickly access webpages I visited again?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 iclearwater

iclearwater

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:22 PM

Hello,

I roughly understand each webpage I has visited would have the cache in my computer. Is there any way I that I visit that website and access the same webpage that my computer will show the cache directly on the my browser without waiting for the buffering on that website?

I just want to read again the old stuff I was reading.

Someone from the Internet just advised on using F5, but how to do that exactly?

Many thanks!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 09 February 2018 - 06:41 PM.
Moved from 'Web-site development' to 'Web browsers and other s/ware'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

Not sure I understand the question but Firefox and other browsers have addons for toolbars you can drag sites to for quick access. The one I use is Roomy Toolbar. You may also want to ask to have this moved to the Web Browser forum. You'd get more responses there.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

Bookmarks (or Favourites) ?

Every browser has the capability of creating and saving bookmarks, these are links to web pages. Once you have a bookmark all you have to do is click on it and within a second or two (depending on your internet connection and how the web is feeling that day) you are back at that page.

You don't say which browser you are using. IE calls them 'Favourites, Firefox and Chrome still call them 'Bookmarks'.

In Firefox, either click on 'Bookmarks' then 'Bookmark this page' to create a bookmark if you have the menu bar visible. If you don't, click on the star icon at the right hand end of the address bar and this too will create a bookmark.

Chrome also uses the star in the address bar to create a bookmark. At the moment I do not have a computer up running Windows so I cannot speak for IE as I almost never use it but it uses a similar system. Another advantage of bookmarks is that you can back them up to an HTML file so you can back them up as part of your normal backup program.

Bookmarks are a great invention, I guess I have between 3 and 400 on my system !  On a personal note I would not use a toolbar no matter how innocuous or useful. Almost all of them just use up scarce and valuable desktop space for very little benefit !   But this is just my personal opinion.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 mattwil88

mattwil88

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

Are you talking about bookmarks? Or History? Through the history, you can see what the web pages you have visited.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

Depends on your computer's resources and internet download speed as to how fast a new webpage opens. Not closing the tab

that the web page opened in is the fastest way to view the web page again.

If you are seeing a lag time of several seconds for a web page to open fully then adding more RAM, getting a faster Internet connection from your ISP would

certainly help. Occassionally clearing browsers caches and scanning for malware and adware would be a good idea, too.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 VBCONZ

VBCONZ

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Control B - open up the bookmarks / history tab.

How much is saved locally is determined by the cache settings on the site ( each item has a freshness setting for when to cache and when to renew) and how your browser responds to those settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users