Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RecImg Manager 2.0.26222.34876

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mamqqq

mamqqq

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

hi,

i still have Windows 8.1(Windows 10 kept failing) & i really like 8.1.

anyway, i've been tryig to get a copy of Recimg Manager which many download sites still list, but when i download it, it looks good, but when i try to lnstall it, the message is that the file does not exist. also, Slimware Utilities no longer offers this(it was their product).

so, if anyone has a way that i can get a copy of this, i'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

alan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

The following is from Microsoft

RecImg.EXE is a backup tool that ships with Windows 8. It creates the backup “image” that is used by the Refresh tool. This image that was created at the factory is why using Refresh will wipe out installed desktop programs in the “C:\Program files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” folders because they haven’t been backed up. However, using RecImg.EXE you can create new images that will include recently installed desktop applications.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users