Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire 5610 notebook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neilfp

neilfp

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

I have to replace harddrive. Win Vista32 original OS. I get the change of HD or Sw error message. System disk, recovery dis, and Win 7 and Win 10 install disks, same message. How do I clear CMOS on this device?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

You do not need to clear the CMOS on that laptop, just replace the drive and install Windows.  If you had upgraded to 10, your license will automatically activate as soon as you connect to the internet.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

Hello neilfp,

You can restore the defaults in the BIOS by pressing F9, to get into the BIOS keep tapping the F2 key when powering up the notebook.

NB: This will not and is not intended to help to bypass any passwords.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users