Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello! Computer is most likely deeply infected! Any kind of help is appreciated!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 noobody

noobody

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

I am curious if anyone here has the time and wants to help me out! I am scared that my computer is infected and any sort of help would be greatly appreciated! I am also scared that the infection is so bad that maybe even my keyboard/mouse firmware could possibly be infected as well. There will be random times where my keyboard lights and functions completely stop working and shut off. Same with my mouse but it doesnt happen as often. Is there any way that my mouse/keyboard could be checked? Thank you for reading my post and thank you in advance if you can help me out!

EDIT: I can try and make the helping process quicker by constantly viewing the topic and following through with instructions quicker. Your time is valuable and the help you are willing to provide means a lot and thank you in advance.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I just read the instructions and i am currently using a non-registered version of Windows 7 64-bit ( I used a friends copy of his windows cd because i couldnt find the one I had and i cant find a key )
In the past my emails were also compromised and used for spam. I believe the infections could be the in the range of anything such as viruses, worms, keyloggers, malware, rootkits etc.
Also i am noob.

Edited by noobody, 06 February 2018 - 03:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:26 AM

Welcome to BC....

I suggest you get a free Linux OS such as Ubuntu. It is very user friendly. It will be much safer to use online.

If you need help with doing that start a new topic in Bleeping Computer's Linux Forum. The members participating in

that forum are very friendly and will eagerly help you. Be sure to include some info on the computer such as brand name

and model if you start a topic there.

Install Ubuntu desktop | Ubuntu tutorials   (If you decide to get Ubuntu...get the 16.04 Long Term Support...either the 32 bit or 64 bit if your computer supports 64 bit.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 noobody

noobody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

EDIT: thank you for the welcome! :)

I just have a few questions first. If you dont mind answering them thanks

Why do you suggest Ubuntu?

Is it because the way i am using windows 7 very unsafe?

and by switching over to Ubuntu won't my computer still be infected?

I want to some how completely clean my computer/mouse/keyboard

Edited by noobody, 06 February 2018 - 10:04 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:43 AM

For safety, security and at no cost except for the medium you use to download Ubuntu onto.

No, once you have formatted and installed Ubuntu....all malware will be gone.

Ubuntu will have its own drivers for your mouse and keyboard. If for some reason a mouse or keyboard stops working

as it did in Windows....it will be evidence of a hardware failure...not software.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 noobody

noobody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

I did not explain myself enough. I mean't like the keyboard will sometimes flicker its lights then the functions stop working. Then i have to unplug it and replug it for it to continue working. My mouse sometimes does something similar. Im sure of it that my computer is more than infected than just malware. wont it just transfer to the ubuntu?

EDIT: how long does it take to learn about ubuntu? cause it seems like a lot and im noob :(

Edited by noobody, 06 February 2018 - 11:29 AM.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:15 PM

If you now use either Firefox or Google Chrome browser which both work just like in Windows then you will soon see how easy

it easy to catch onto the basics of Ubuntu.

You can actually use Ubuntu without installing it. If your computer will boot from either a flash drive or DVD then you can test drive

Ubuntu. Once you decide to install it then it will install on your hdd. Until then it will run only from RAM and the medium it is using...flash drive or DVD.

To be more clear...you can actually remove the hdd and the computer will still run Ubuntu as Live.

Like I said....if there is still a problem with your mouse or keyboard while running Ubuntu then it is a hardware problem.

Edited by buddy215, 06 February 2018 - 12:17 PM.

#7 noobody

noobody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

im going to look around in the linux section for the moment or when i have time. ill learn about it and decide if i want to switch. could anyone still try to help me check if my computer is okay? i forgot to mention that i typed in youtube dot com but i accidently typed youtibe dot com and also i dont remember exactly when but i clicked on a malicious link i think

EDIT: would using linux ubuntu make me more prone to attackers since i am inexperienced?
lets say i install ubuntu and i still have my windows. because my windows is infected and most likely could be monitored or whatever by the hacker. cant the hacker just infected my ubuntu once its installed? im assuming that viruses/malware etc that affect windows are different to linux

Edited by noobody, 07 February 2018 - 05:50 AM.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:51 AM

Most....like 99.9% of malware....is aimed at Windows. You are safer using Linux.

Install Ubuntu desktop | Ubuntu tutorials

2. Requirements

You'll need to consider the following before starting the installation:

• Connect your laptop to a power source.
  • Ensure you have at least 5GB of free storage space.
  • Have access to either a DVD or a USB flash drive containing the version of Ubuntu you want
    to install.
  • Make sure you have a recent backup of your data. While it's unlikely that
    anything will go wrong, you can never be too prepared.

See Installation/System Requirements for more specific details on hardware requirements. We also have several tutorials that explain how to create an Ubuntu DVD or USB flash drive.

Edited by buddy215, 07 February 2018 - 05:56 AM.

#9 noobody

noobody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:09 AM

but my concern is that my windows is infected and the person attacking me could just infect my ubuntu.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

You are illegally using Windows and it most likely has not been updated because of that. Hackers don't go after

home computers. Malware and adware got on your computer because of your using and illegal copy of Windows and

your downloading of free stuff, exploiting insecure programs and Windows or visiting sites that hosted malware.

#11 noobody

noobody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:20 AM

hmm.. well it says i still have 11 more days until i need to activate windows.
if i full reformat  with a windows CD, how likely is it that some virus or malware is left behind to re-infect me? and how can i check if im safe? 
Im most likely going to take your advice and during the weekend (when i have time/if i have time) i want to wipe my hdd completely and not re-install windows and maybe just start switching over to linux/ubuntu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users