Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting a device with an ethernet port to wifi?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pd984

pd984

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Hello... I have a device that I am trying to setup. The device needs to be connected to the internet to function. It has an RJ45 female ethernet coupler on it, to wire it directly to the internet. The issue is, the location where I need the device installed isn't setup for it to be wired directly to a modem or anything. Is there a way I can setup a wifi hotspot and access the wifi signal (or any other option)? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

Is the device you are attempting to connect a Windows PC?

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I bought one of these and it should work for you.  It will extend your WiFi and then you can connect your wired device to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users