Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop wont start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bakfietsje

Bakfietsje

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Hey everyone,

Before I state my problem, I am not a computer guy. So please, if you use any computer terms please explain them to me :) Anyway, this is what I know about my laptop. It has a 64 bit system, and runs windows 7 It's an Acer Aspire 5750 and I bought it new in 2011 (or 2012 don't remember exactly)

This is the problem : After I press the power button, it boots up but gets stuck at the acer logo. It says the word acer and "press F2 for setup" at the bottom left. It won't respond to pressing F2, and when I press any random key on the keyboard it starts making a beep noice for every key I pressed. I have tried booting it up while unplugging my mouse and battery but both didn't work. I had this problem happened 2 times already, and what I then did was wait 1 day and then try again and it would start up again immediately. However that doesnt seem to work anymore.

This forum is my only hope as I dont know anyone who could help me :(

Please help a stranger,

Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by Bakfietsje, 05 February 2018 - 03:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bles16

bles16

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

Friend waiting for you, the first thing you should do is "you do not need much knowledge" to disarm the computer, I mean to remove the essential components that make the operating system work. In your case it is only to remove the "back" parts of the laptop. Where you will find the storage unit, ram memory.

Once you have the parts removed, carefully clean the pins.

Reconnect, this time connect them carefully.

Try to start the system, these failures usually happen because they are "badly connected".

If you mention that it makes a beep when it is turned on, it has ram memory, in bad condition.

If you have 2 ram modules it would be best to try individually on each slot or socket. Below is a description of the meanings of the beeps, interpret them friend.

BIOS AMI

Continuous tone: Defect in the power supply.
1 short tone: Memory RAM defective or incorrectly connected.
2 short beeps: RAM memory defective or incorrectly connected.
2 short tones, 1 long: Graphic card inserted incorrectly.
2 short, 2 long tones: defective graphics card or motherboard.
3 short beeps: RAM memory defective or incorrectly connected.
3 short tones, 3 long tones, 3 short tones: RAM memory defective or poorly connected.
4 short beeps: RAM or battery defective.
5 short tones: Faulty processor.
6 short tones: defective base plate.
7 short tones: Incorrect processor frequency or defective processor.
8 short tones: Graphic card defective or inserted incorrectly.
9 short tones: Base plate defective due to BIOS.
10 short tones: Base plate defective due to BIOS.
11 short tones: Base plate defective due to the L2 cache.
1 long tone, 1 short: Base plate defective.
1 long tone, 2 short: Graphic card defective or inserted incorrectly.
1 long tone, 3 short: Monitor not recognized or motherboard defective.
1 long tone, 4 short: Base plate defective.
1 long tone, 5 short: Processor defective.
1 long tone, 6 short: Keyboard not recognized or motherboard defective.
1 long tone, 7 short: Base plate defective.
1 long tone, 8 short: Base plate defective.
1 long high tone, 1 long deep tone: Processor defective.

If that has not fixed the problem, it is most likely that the system has been damaged either by malware or normally the system is damaged from one moment to another; for the updates, the drivers are not compatible with the update, among others.

#3 Bakfietsje

Bakfietsje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

Thank you for your reply,

What's the best way to clean those pins? With a little bit of alcohol?

Also, there is only 1 blue card (I think thats the ram). It has 2 slots, but the ram card is in the bottom one.

If I put it in the 2nd slot, it wont start it just gives me a black screen.

Also those beeps only happen when I press a random button on my keyboard, and it's only 1 beep.

So I guess that's Memory RAM defective or incorrectly connected.

#4 baines77

baines77

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:14 AM

Can you get it to come up in Safe Mode?  (spam the F8 key while booting)

#5 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:31 AM

Also those beeps only happen when I press a random button on my keyboard, and it's only 1 beep.

So I guess that's Memory RAM defective or incorrectly connected.

Its not memory issue unless the beeps happen without you doing anything at BOOT { Power On }.

If as you say hitting any button causes a Beep { Stays on as you hit any Button } then you missed the Initial stage to Hit the F2 button within the Time Frame to respond after booting and as Bios screen first appears.

Boot keys for Acer Aspire 3750Z - { Would Think the Same for Yours }

Action Key Boot menu: F12 Bios setup: F2 Bios flash:   Network boot:   OS recovery :   Other:

To enable Boot menu (F12), go to BIOS (F2) and select: Main → F12 Boot Menu → Enabled

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users