Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobo Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kungfujesus

kungfujesus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

I am new to the world of building computers and was looking to build my first one, and i wanted to get some opinions about the set up that i was getting. I will post what i am thinking about getting and if you have any suggestions, recommendations, changes, or problems that you see please let me know. If you do think i should make any changes i want to keep my budget limited to $1500 and below USD. So if you guys could take a look and tell me how this set up looks that would be very appreciated!

Thanks

CASE
COOLER MASTER CENTURION 5 CAC-TO5-UW BLACK ALUMINUM BEZEL, SECC ATX MID TOWER

DRIVE
NEC 16X DVD +/- DVD BURNER BEIGE IDE MODEL ND 3550-A

HARD DRIVE
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0GB/S HARD DRIVE OEM

Mother Board
GIGABYTE GA-M59SLI-S5 SOCKET AM2 NVIDIA nFORCE 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD

VIDEO CARD
ASUS EN76000GS SILENT/ HTD/512M GeForce 7600GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express X16 VIDEO CARD

SOUND CARD
CREATIVE BLASTER AUDIGY 4 SB0610 7.1 CHANNELS 9CI INTERFACE SOUND CARD

PROCESSOR
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ WINDSOR 2.2 GHZ SOCKET AM2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR MODEL ADA4200CUBOX

MEMORY
CORSAIR XMS 2GB(1GB X 2) 240 PIN DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800(PC2 6400) DUAL CHANNEL KIT DESKTOP MEMORY

POWER
ESP GROUP (FORTRON SOURCE) AX450-PN 12CM FAN, VERSION 2.0, S SATA, PCI EXPRESS, 450 WATT SUPPLY

So if you have any opinions about this computer, also any installtion tips if i need any additionla fans, heat spredders, or anything else it would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:08 AM

You could probably build an Intel Core Duo Extreme setup for about $1500 that will blast the Athlon away.

Build this to your specs:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...p?Base=2371075#

#3 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

Well, I don't know how much help in opinions other people will have, YOUR computer is all about YOUR personal preference and what you need to do with it. But what you had listed looks incredible. I agree that the core-duo would probably be better though.

(but this all comes from someone who built his computer for under $300)

also, you're getting an sli motherboard, why not get 2 cards?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users