Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W10 can't detect Bluetooth headphone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Victor2K

Victor2K

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

I am kinda lost some time of working because of that, so here it goes because I am going to explode

I did got in Xmas a Bluetooth wireless headphone (Pulse PH150), but since my computer (a W10 64bits one) isn't built to bluetooth connection I had to order a Bluetooth USB dongle, which arrived today. 

Well, the computer detects Bluetooth device but can't detect the headphone, not even when I turn it on. I tried a lot of stuff, going for drivers, videos and other solutions but so far nothing.

The only thing that actually worked was when I connected the P2 cable to an audio entry, Actually I have two one but the one in the front doesn't work anymore and the one at the back of CPU isn't too good to me (the cable isn't big for me to not tilt my back a little when using it). I actually fear that Realteak sound board is kinda 'blocking' the detection of my headphone

There is actually anything that I can do to make the headphone be detected and work? I am boiling here because I am losing work time only to make it be detected by the PC...

Edited by Victor2K, 05 February 2018 - 02:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Just to confirm that youre placing the headphones in pairing mode which is often a long press of the on/off button?
Have you installed the Bluetooth drivers?

#3 Victor2K

Victor2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

Just to confirm that youre placing the headphones in pairing mode which is often a long press of the on/off button?
Have you installed the Bluetooth drivers?

I tried to do that but Windows do not even detect it

And I don't know which driver to install since the dongle just came with it the device (probably has driver built-in of some sort, since it did recgonize it)

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

In this case it's the Bluetooth drivers for your headset that you need to worry about.  If you can activate Bluetooth on your computer and the dongle shows that it's on (they usually have a light that indicates they're active) and/or you have Bluetooth active in the system tray you should be good to go.

You should also be certain that both the computer and the headset is in discoverable mode.  For the computer that's easy, open Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other devices pane and it should indicate that Bluetooth is on and the computer is "Now discoverable as {insert your computer's name here}."

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 Victor2K

Victor2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

In this case it's the Bluetooth drivers for your headset that you need to worry about.  If you can activate Bluetooth on your computer and the dongle shows that it's on (they usually have a light that indicates they're active) and/or you have Bluetooth active in the system tray you should be good to go.

You should also be certain that both the computer and the headset is in discoverable mode.  For the computer that's easy, open Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other devices pane and it should indicate that Bluetooth is on and the computer is "Now discoverable as {insert your computer's name here}."

Actually the headset didn't came with drivers. And not even going to the company shows me a driver (the only downloadable thing in it it's the guide)

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

If you have verified that Bluetooth is active on the computer, which you can do via the steps I have already outlined, then you should follow, step-by-step, the instructions in the headset user guide for pairing to the computer.

There is no "generic" advice with regard to exactly how that pairing is done and the steps should be very clearly documented in the documentation for the headset.  Different manufacturers use different methods to put these sorts of devices into discovery mode.

You also need to make certain that the version of Bluetooth used by the headset is not a newer version than that supported by the dongle.  More recent versions are backward compatible with earlier versions, but earlier versions are not forward compatible with later versions.  There are a lot of Bluetooth 2.0 dongles out there still being sold and if your headset is Bluetooth 4.0 or later it isn't going to pair with a 2.0 dongle.  (Very few devices use 5.0 even though a few started doing so last year).

Edited by britechguy, 05 February 2018 - 04:33 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 Victor2K

Victor2K
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

If you have verified that Bluetooth is active on the computer, which you can do via the steps I have already outlined, then you should follow, step-by-step, the instructions in the headset user guide for pairing to the computer.

There is no "generic" advice with regard to exactly how that pairing is done and the steps should be very clearly documented in the documentation for the headset.  Different manufacturers use different methods to put these sorts of devices into discovery mode.

You also need to make certain that the version of Bluetooth used by the headset is not a newer version than that supported by the dongle.  More recent versions are backward compatible with earlier versions, but earlier versions are not forward compatible with later versions.  There are a lot of Bluetooth 2.0 dongles out there still being sold and if your headset is Bluetooth 4.0 or later it isn't going to pair with a 2.0 dongle.  (Very few devices use 5.0 even though a few started doing so last year).

Actually I just checked and I bought a 2.0 while my headset is a 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users