Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to insert ( or remove text ) from a scanned or printed document

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Charles88

Charles88

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

I have some documents downloaded from the internet.

What I try to achieve is to insert ( or remove part of the text ) and then print it to paper.

How can I do this ?

Your help is appreciated

Charles88

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:48 AM

There is no short answer to this question.   It all depends on the file format of said files.

If they're images of some sort you can go in and cut out the text just like you can cut out any part of an image using something as simple as MS-Paint.  If you don't want a "black hole" where that text was then find a random chunk of "background" that you can copy and paste over the area previously deleted.

If the format is something else then you'd use the editor appropriate to that file format or convert the page(s) to a format you can edit.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

As britechguy said, it depends on the document format.  Probably the easiest way is to create a new document without the information you don't want.  Creating a new document will allow you to copy and paste text from another document.  Depending on the document type you may also be able to include pictures.

A little more detail on the project would be very helpful in offering guidance.

What you want to use the final document for, also has some importance.  If it is just for your use, then you can be a little more free.  If it is for others then quality is more of an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users