Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after wake up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 raxor1234

raxor1234

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

Greetings. My pc crashes after waking up from sleep (generally after more than 10 minutes on sleep, or maybe anytime after sleep?). Here are the BSOD codes shown when the crashes occur (they differ, sometimes repeat)

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (most recent, most repeated)
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (rare?)

CPU: AMD FX 8350

RAM: Kingston FuryX 2x4GB

GPU: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 750 ti (4 years old)

STORAGE: 2x WD Blue 1tb

MOBO: m5a99fx pro r2.0

I've ran memtest86 already for 4 hours (full 4 tests) and they all passed successfully. Overheating isn't the problem since my pc is always below 35C. All my drivers (I'm pretty sure) are updated. My bios is updated to the latest ver (from 2014).

There's also some few hard freezes that seem to happen from every like 2 weeks completely randomly.

Please help it's eating me alive...

Attached Files

Edited by raxor1234, 05 February 2018 - 03:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raxor1234

raxor1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

It may be of help, I've been looking for similar problems to mine and I came across this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/662041/bsod-every-time-my-system-comes-out-of-sleep-hibernate/?hl=%2Bwake

Please note that I DO have a driver called USB eXtensible Host Controller although I'm not sure if it's Intel's, since I have an AMD processor..

Here are my MOBO's support drivers site that I installed (Windows 10 x64): https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/HelpDesk_Download/

Edited by raxor1234, 04 February 2018 - 07:32 PM.

#3 raxor1234

raxor1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

Bump please help!

#4 Jack Yan

Jack Yan

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

Hey raxor1234, I’m not an expert, just a regular guy who has been through more-than-daily BSODs from December 8 to February 2, and coincidentally I have an Nvidia card and an Asus mobo.
   A couple of things helped me. I installed the Intel Chipset set-up and ran that. There was also another Intel utility that checked your drivers but I wound up installing and removing after it said it couldn’t find any issues. Windows’ own Device Manager is useless at picking up outdated drivers—I learned that the hard way. Also Windows 10 simply isn’t compatible with some old drivers, and they don’t tell you that. (On an earlier Windows update, my PC was bricked, and among the fixes the shop did was update my BIOS, which could also help if you haven’t done it already.)
   I did fiddle with my stand-by and power settings but since this is a plugged-in desktop those probably won’t apply to you.
   Also can you see if you have the latest Windows update? They rolled one out on January 31 (KB4058258) and I updated it manually on the 2nd. That seems to have stopped the BSODs—which tells me that Microsoft knew that it had rolled out another lemon and the cumulative update fixes some of the bugs they introduced at the end of 2017. Hope this gives you some small clues.

#5 raxor1234

raxor1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

Hey raxor1234, I’m not an expert, just a regular guy who has been through more-than-daily BSODs from December 8 to February 2, and coincidentally I have an Nvidia card and an Asus mobo.
   A couple of things helped me. I installed the Intel Chipset set-up and ran that. There was also another Intel utility that checked your drivers but I wound up installing and removing after it said it couldn’t find any issues. Windows’ own Device Manager is useless at picking up outdated drivers—I learned that the hard way. Also Windows 10 simply isn’t compatible with some old drivers, and they don’t tell you that. (On an earlier Windows update, my PC was bricked, and among the fixes the shop did was update my BIOS, which could also help if you haven’t done it already.)
   I did fiddle with my stand-by and power settings but since this is a plugged-in desktop those probably won’t apply to you.
   Also can you see if you have the latest Windows update? They rolled one out on January 31 (KB4058258) and I updated it manually on the 2nd. That seems to have stopped the BSODs—which tells me that Microsoft knew that it had rolled out another lemon and the cumulative update fixes some of the bugs they introduced at the end of 2017. Hope this gives you some small clues.

Thanks for your reply! I believe I won't be installing those Intel Chipsets since my CPU is AMD, but I do know one thing: My MOBO's drivers website contains Chipsets drivers, but only for Windows 7 (Windows 10 seems to not be supported..) Even tho that is the case, I will still try to install those Windows 7 chipsets drivers (using compatibility troubleshooter if necessary).

#6 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

If you have Windows 10 but an older mobo that doesn't support it you will continue to have problems. The older hardware isn't compatible with 10. Your best bet is to upgrade or buy an older OS.

#7 raxor1234

raxor1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

If you have Windows 10 but an older mobo that doesn't support it you will continue to have problems. The older hardware isn't compatible with 10. Your best bet is to upgrade or buy an older OS.

Hey, thanks for replying. My motherboard does support Windows 10 (or at least that is what the manufacturer's website claims) The main problem is when waking up from sleep. I believe there would be all kinds of different problems with a fully incompatible motherboard. The drivers of the motherboard are also available for Windows 10.

#8 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:52 PM

The ASUS website does have drivers for your motherboard for Windows 10 however I wasn't able to get the site to respond. This is the second time today I tried to find drivers on that site with the same result. You may want to try later or send a customer support ticket to them.

#9 raxor1234

raxor1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:01 AM

if by getting the site to "respond" you mean getting the site to load, I've already done so and I have installed the latest drivers (some utilities & the chipset drivers are not specifically available for Windows 10)

#10 raxor1234

raxor1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

bump please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users