Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp2 Won't Finish Loading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sachsegirl

sachsegirl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:59 AM

When booting up Toshiba Satellite 2595CDT with XPSP2 for operating system, windows is not fully loaded before I get a blue screen that only appears for a second, then restarts itself. What to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

First try to start Windows in Safe Mode (reboot and start tapping the F8 key as soon as the system starts to power up and before Windows starts.

If you can boot into safe mode
1.Right-click My Computer.

2.Select Properties.

3.In the System Properties, select the tab Advanced.

4. In the box called Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

5 A new window will open:

6.Uncheck the box "Automatically restart" in the group System Failure

7.Confirm the changes in both Windows by clicking OK.

Reboot back to normal mode and you will get a stop message (bsod)

Please give us all the information on that page.

#3 sachsegirl

sachsegirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

a problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with hardware vendors for any BIOS updates. Disable Bios memory options, such as caching or shaowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computor, press F8 to select advanced start options, and then sellect save mode.

Techinical Information
***STOP:0x0000008E (0xc0000005,0xBAD53067,0xF91AAA1c,0x00000000)

*** ar5211.sys - Address BAD53067 base @ BAD2E000, DateStamp 3f8fd26f

Beginning dump of physical
memory
physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:30 AM

Most likely it's your wireless card drivers that are corrupted (that's the ar5211.sys file that's mentioned in the error code).

Here's an article about dLink cards and Atheros drivers that may help: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/12849

Here's another article that may help (it's about a Fujitsu system - but the driver software is the same): http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=23525

I'd suggest that you:
1) 0btain a download of the latest drivers and client software for your Atheros based wireless card.
2) Boot into Safe Mode (with networking support if possible) and uninstall the old wireless card driver. Then reboot. If you can't get into regular mode then, go to Safe Mode.
3) Install the new wireless card drivers and reboot one more time (to regular mode).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users