Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video playback starts delayed, sound from applications delayed.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gbtg

gbtg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

hey,

not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, so hopefully i am posting in the right forum.

since today whenever i play a video, there is a strange delay before it starts.

it happens for almost every program. video in VLC: starts for a split second, then stops. after a 2-3 seconds it will run normally, starting with a brief moment of crackling audio. video on youtube: although the video loads perfectly (the bar that indicated how much of the video is loaded is way ahead) the video will not start playing right away and instead only show the first frame. after a couple of seconds it starts and for the first second, audio is distorted/crackling. twitch.tv using firefox: videos basically run with 0.1 fps and no sound. twitch.tv using chrome canary: strange delay at the beginning of loading a stream, then audio crackling, then it runs fine. in windows media player it takes a couple of seconds to load a video (player is up, windows loading symbol instead of mouse cursor, after ~5s it will play without delay but with crackling audio in the beginning).

on a i think related note: when someone sends me a msg on steam, i see the little window pop up, but the sound from the msg gets played seconds after that.

i made no recent changes to drivers or hardware. after noticing the problem i updated my graphics drivers which did not help, and uninstalled my audio drivers, restarted, windows then installed some audio drivers, did not help.

when i unplug my headset (HyperX Cloud Revolver stereo [no usb]), videos in VLC play fine without any delay (but obv no sound). i also tried booting in safe mode and it seems that in that case VLC also plays videos without the strange delay at the start (audio disabled in safe mode). using an old USB headset also fixes the problems. could it be that my normal headset is faulty? is it my drivers (i tried different ones already) or is it motherboard onboard sound faulty?

my specs: motherboard Z170A GAMING M5, nvidia geforce gtx 1060, 16gb ram, windows 10, using the onboard sound.

would really appreciate any help or ideas what could be causing this issue. thanks

edit: so basically, twitch will only run videos at 0.1fps or lower, no sound. once i have a youtube video running simultaneously, twitch will run fine. the VLC delay at the start of playing a video will also be decreased with a YT vid running at the same time. why?

Edited by gbtg, 04 February 2018 - 01:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users