Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help - Computer screen disconnects randomly

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MrBesnardm

MrBesnardm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

My computer screen disconnects and this error pops up and I'm forced to restart my computer by holding down the power button.

Attached Files

• Attached File  help.png   66.93KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

It looks like your graphics driver is having a problem.  Open the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons being shown under Display Adapters.

We need more information regarding this computer.  It would help if you post the make and model of this computer and which version of Windows 10 you are running.  To determine which version of Windows 10 you are running press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key at the same time to open the Run box. Copy and paste or type in winver, then click/tap on OK.  This will show the version of Windows 10 you have running.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MrBesnardm

MrBesnardm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

There doesn't seem to be any yellow warning icons or red error icons being shown under Display Adapters.

https://imgur.com/a/M1Ac6 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/2UfNnBXwup3onZGqFc8QQWF 

Thank you, this issue is keeping me from working.

Edited by MrBesnardm, 07 February 2018 - 03:03 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:49 AM

Your imgur link does not work.

Well, neither of your links work.  It appears that you didn't follow the Speccy instructions correctly.  The end result of the Speccy is a link it generates and you right click in the topic reply box and paste it in.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 MrBesnardm

MrBesnardm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

not sure why the imgur link isn't working

I did follow the Speccy instructions, and I've done it a few more times but the links its generating don't work for long?

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/PhH8PGEMs1IQVKwazAX6XUN 

https://youtu.be/My2woS5m2BA 

Edited by MrBesnardm, 07 February 2018 - 03:15 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

The Speccy is throwing the Page not found message which is an indication that you did not run the program properly.  Your youtube link throws the 404 Not Found error.

sfc /scannow for Windows 10

Please run System File Checker.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Important:  There will be a short message at the end of the scan informing you of the results.  If you receive the message "no integrity violations were found" you don't need to do anything else, no corrupt files were found.  You should watch the scan to see the results at the end of the scan.

This needs to be run using an Administrator account.  

Click/tap on the Taskbar Search icon (magnifing glass) and type cdm.

PLrbrFc.png

You will see Command Prompt under Best match, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

This scan will take a while to run, please do not abort the scan as this can result in damage to the operating system.

If integrity issues are found in the scan please post the CBS log using the instructions below.

To find sfc /scannow log open the Command Prompt, copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt

This will place the log on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log at the host website I've suggested below.

This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

#7 MrBesnardm

MrBesnardm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

is bleeping computer censoring me because I'm new? 
I got my partner whos  a webnerd to post those links aswell and they work when we test them but not after posting?

no integrity violations were found.

Edited by MrBesnardm, 09 February 2018 - 03:20 AM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Bleeping Computer doesn't normally "censor" posts, but our Moderators can and do "edit" posts in topics for content or to make requested changes for a member.  A good example would be the removal of personal email addresses to protect the member from being inundated with spam or worse.

One of the problems you are experiencing is with posting a image from imgur.  In imgur if you click on an image a page will open with choices the different types of links available as seen in the image below.  Type of link you want to use is the BBCode, this options is highlighted in red in the image below.  You need to click on Copy, then right click and copy the link and paste it in your topic.

s9ZxWkF.png

Alternatively you can use the following method to post an image from your pictures.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

Edited by dc3, 09 February 2018 - 09:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users