Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to install .zip files properly, always getting obvious viruses instead.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

Hi,

With all that difficulties I think the best option is to post on the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section but you have to follow the Preparation guide and post the required logs without redactions.

Edited by SleepyDude, 06 February 2018 - 03:57 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Borislav

Borislav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

I can't download any mirrorred .zip files.

They include.

All downloads from Mediafire, Microsoft, Sourceforge, and possibly other websites with mirrorred downloads.

I have been facing problems with downloading vcredist, Irrlicht 3d Engine, and many other programs.

I am always getting a zip in that zip and in the zip in the zip, there is an exe instead of the program/3d library. When I open it , it's an obvious virus, and it is also asking me to install sponsored programs, of course; I am not going to do that.

I have done a Malwarebytes scan and I have got some viruses, and I deleted them, nothing works.

I have done a Adwcleaner scan which normally works for ads and random annoying stuff with the web browser, but nothign worked still.

I think it is some new unknown virus.

All of the downloads end with "63-b33".

Example: testdownload-63_b33.zip

This is a rewrite of a post that was moved to "Am I infected". But now it is not suitable because it is obvious that I am infectred.

- Thank you, Borislav -

Edited by Borislav, 09 February 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#18 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Moved from MRL to Am I Infected forum..

The AII forum is suitable for your stated issues...at this point.  The personnel in AII can and will try to assist you.

If you want to initiate a post in the Malware Removal Logs forum...please follow the guidance at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and submit the requested FRST data.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 09 February 2018 - 12:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users