Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan controller not working with case fans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bartvb

bartvb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:25 AM

I bought the lampoon fc5-v2 fan controller to controll my case fans, but this fan controller doesnot work with my 3-pin case fans from sharkoon. I can confirm that the fan controller does work, it will spin up my 4-pin cpu fan if connected.

some relevant info:

case: sharkoon DG7000 (red)

fan controller: Lampoon fc5-v2

case fans: 3 stock scharkoon 3-pin LED case fans

cpu fan: 4-pin coolermaster fan (no LED)

The main problem is that I cant spin up my case fans, once connected and powered up, I can only controll the intensity of the LED's but the fan blades wont spin up, not even at 12volts. I tried spinning the blades up by hand but that also doesnt work. The fan controller can support 30watts per channel and the fans are just 0,25 Amps so that means 3 watt per fan, that should not be a problem. If the case fans are connected via a molex to the psu, they do spin up and work propperly. The fan controller is made for 3-pin fans, but also works for 4-pin fans. 

I want to know if this is a compatibility issue, and if it would help to buy other fans, or if there is a way to use these fans with this fan controller.

Any other sollution to my problem would also be apriciated

Thank you in advance,

Bart van Buuren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users