Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Asus Monitor - No boot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Blastoys

Blastoys

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Good eve computer fanatics.

I am in dire need of help.

I just bought a ASUS VC239 LCD monitor, it was working fine at first. But then when I tried to change the resolution, the screen stayed black, and lit up at times. Now when I try to turn on my PC, it starts to boot several times, but never successfully boots Windows OS. Then says, Windows was unsuccesful to load, then I can select advanced settings, restart computer and what not. Please help.

My specs are:
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.20-3.60Ghz 6-Core Processor

GPU:
Gigabyte RX580 8GB

Motherboard:
MSI 350M Bazooka

RAM:
DDR4 KINGSTON 16GB 2400

HDD:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX

PSU:
Seasonic S12II 520W 80PLUS Bronze

CASE:
Tecware F3 Mini Tower Gaming Case usb3.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

can you boot into safe mode?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Since you can't boot into Windows you will not be able to use the msconfig option, or the Shift and Restart combination, or the Settings option.  The best option is you use method #5 in these instructions

You will need the installation media in order to use this method.  You can use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media for a disc or flash drive.

There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Follow the instructions to create the installation media.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Blastoys

Blastoys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

can you boot into safe mode?

Yes I can.

Since you can't boot into Windows you will not be able to use the msconfig option, or the Shift and Restart combination, or the Settings option.  The best option is you use method #5 in these instructions.  You will need the installation media in order to use this method.  You can use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media for a disc or flash drive.There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.Follow the instructions to create the installation media.

I have a concern, when I plug my pc into a different monitor, it worka perfectly fine, but with this monitor. It flickers. Restarts the monitor a few times and doesnt boot up the pc.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

What is the make and model of this monitor?

How do you have the monitor connected, HDMI, VGA, etc.?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Blastoys

Blastoys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:31 AM

What is the make and model of this monitor?

How do you have the monitor connected, HDMI, VGA, etc.?

Model ASUS  VC239H VC239N/N-W

Max. Resolution 1920x1080

I tried HDMI, this is where problem occurred when I plug it into the motherboard. 

I have also tried VGA, but no signal. Why? 

#7 Blastoys

Blastoys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Success in working boot and resolution. The monitor is working fine, 
I downloaded the AMD Radeon Settings application and changed the settings on another monitor, 
then switched over to the new one. 

Thank you!

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users