Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Total Power Failure in Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reb1rth

reb1rth

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

Hi, my GTX 780 suddenly died without notice (it happened mid-game and the PC just shut down).  The motherboard cannot detect the card (no VGA error code).  The motherboard is OK and I am currently running an even older card on it.  I have also tried it in another system.  The GTX 780 is so dead that not even the fans are working.  I've taken it apart, looked for any obvious burn outs, cleaned it etc but still nothing.  I've been going over it with my multimeter but can't seem to find a break (tbh, I'm not too sure where to look).  I suspect a fuse has gone, but I can't find much or any information online. 

It's a Palit GTX 780 Super Jetstream.

Obviously, due to the current shortages I can't even buy a worthwhile replacement.

If somebody could give me a hint to what the problem maybe I would be grateful.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:00 AM

Any warranty left?  If not I would still contact the company to see if they will repair for a fee.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 reb1rth

reb1rth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

Any warranty left?  If not I would still contact the company to see if they will repair for a fee.

Nah, I brought it in 2013 and I think it only had 2 (maybe 3).  Maybe a good idea to contact them, though. 

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

Can't hurt!  Way to nice a card not to pursue it, they may have a repair program.

#5 reb1rth

reb1rth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:25 AM

I emailed them and gave them my story.  Hopefully they will pity me, since they can't even sell me a replacement. :)

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

Did you purchase it direct or from a vendor?  I went to their site under support they say if not direct take to where you bought it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users