Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyDFly

CrazyDFly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:11 AM

Hi, i have a problem with my custom built PC. My computer worked fine for about two years, now it has this annoying problem. A cold boot (I usually start my computer in the morning and keep it on throughout the day) always takes 3-6 times to actually start up. The first 3-5 times i start it, the only thing that happens is the cooling fans start spinning and nothing else happens, no bios post beeps, no disk spinning, no picture on any of the screens... After i reboot it about 3-6 times i hear the HDD start spinning and it boots and works fine throughout the day (or even weeks if i don't turn it off).

Thank you for helping in advance, these are my specs:

Asus Z97-a 1150

Intel core i7 4790k

16GB 

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 970 4gb gddr5

2x 8gb Kingston  DDR3 2400 cl HX BEAST

Gigabyte odin pro 550W PSU

1TB WD HDD

128 GB Seagate SSD 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 970 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

Perhaps you need a new PSU.

#3 CrazyDFly

CrazyDFly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:29 AM

Perhaps you need a new PSU.

Thanks for the advice, that's what i tought too.... I don't have one here so i figured i'd ask around first before buying a new one. Guess i'm getting a new PSU on monday :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users