Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD MEmory management in NEW RYZEN 7 PC

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisCamm

ChrisCamm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

Well, I 've already posted in the graphic card section my problem, but today i ve got another type of BSOD, this time, Memory management.

Specs New PC bought less than a week ago.

Ryzen 1700 stock everything
Gigabyte GA ab350 Gaming 3 f6 bios version
2 Kingston 8gb sticks 2400 mhz
PSU xfx xtr 850wtts
windows 10 on new kingston 240gb ssd
old Gtx nvidia 1050

Well, It all started with a few black screens playing games with the nvidia tdr error in the event viewer, no crashes at all, windows, nor game. the display only went black for a second or two then it recover succesfully and I can keep playing.

Yesterday, it happen in the desktop, just web surfing, black screen, then rcover, no errors in the event log.

Also i have found in the event viewer a bsod of windows fast boot not started correctly, then i web-searched and disabled windows fast boot. No big issue.

But today I was playing a video on youtube, then bam! it freezes with audio loop. I have to restart the machine and then i opened the event viwer and whocrashed. it showed the memory management bsod.

i ve already tested the rams with memtest. 4 passes no errors.
occt, furmark, 3dmark skydriver for videocard, no errors
prime64 and aida64 for processor

I dont know what else to do, all my salary went into this system and i cant enjoy it because of all this problems. I can rma it, but if i cant reproduce the error they wont return anything to me and all my money is going to be wasted
All components are brand new except for the gpu that its 8 months old.

Im tired of starting threads in this forum, but sadly i have very bad luck

Really need some help here,

Here is the minidump:

https://mega.nz/#!pz4mASaQ!oXx6q2dya08OrRYRygc-FEVxzOtcfAKAGiv6ck2f4ew

Edited by ChrisCamm, 02 February 2018 - 11:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

I'm late for work, so this'll be quick.

Lone memory dump doesn't show anything in particular.

It looks a bit like a hardware problem - so start with these:

Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.
FYI - These are the tests and what we usually see for the reports:

1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans:  In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums
2 - Memory diagnostics:  Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes.  If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead.  Let us know if there were any errors reported
3 - Hard Drive diagnostics:  Don't sweat the details here.  In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk.  If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows.  There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
4 - Furmark:  run the test until the temperature stabilizes.  Don't let it get much over 90ºC.  Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
5 - Prime95:  run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can.  Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
6 - Video 2 (other video tests):  there's several tests here.  Run all of them.  I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test.  Let us know the results of the test(s)
  - A - simtek.org memtest
  - B - Video memory stress test
  - C - Artifact Locator
  - D - OCCT - 4 built in tests for CPU, GPU, PSU
  - E - Video Memory Stress Test
7 - CPU tests:  run at least one test on your CPU and let us know the result.

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
NOTE:  On problem systems it can take up to 20 minutes for the log files to complete.  Please be patient and let it run.

If you still have problems with it running, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR, .7z or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 ChrisCamm

ChrisCamm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

Hi again, I left my pc on running memtest all night and it found 100 errors, how should i proceed?

BHXgEKv.jpg

Edited by ChrisCamm, 03 February 2018 - 08:39 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Test each stick individually in the first slot (you choose which slot is first).

As soon as it starts spitting errors you can stop that test - otherwise, let it run overnight.

Then take one stick that passes in the first slot and test it in the other slots (that'll let you know if one of the slots is bad).

In general, Kingston RAM has a lifetime warranty - so contact them for their requirements to get it replaced.

If any of the slots turn out bad, then contact Gigabyte for warranty issues.

You may also be able to get warranty replacements from the place that you bought the RAM and motherboard from - check with them first.

Edited by usasma, 03 February 2018 - 04:29 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Analysis of the memory dump:

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only.
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Fri Feb  2 21:16:25.419 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\020218-7078-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 16299 MP (16 procs) Free x64
Built by: 16299.15.amd64fre.rs3_release.170928-1534
System Uptime:0 days 8:34:31.060
Probably caused by :memory_corruption
BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff9bffaf7ce50, 57, 56}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041793, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff9bffaf7ce50
Arg3: 0000000000000057
Arg4: 0000000000000056
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1a_41793
PROCESS_NAME:  svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE
  BIOS Version                  F6
  BIOS Release Date             04/07/2017
  Manufacturer                  Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  Product Name                  AB350-Gaming 3
  Baseboard Product             AB350-Gaming 3-CF
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Fri Feb  2 21:16:25.419 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKsl2d49c49f.sys           Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)
amdgpio3.sys                Mon Mar 14 06:19:36 2016 (56E69038)
rt640x64.sys                Wed Oct  5 09:32:55 2016 (57F50107)
AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys    Mon Mar 27 23:29:24 2017 (58D9D894)
amdgpio2.sys                Wed Aug 30 06:34:06 2017 (59A6949E)
mbamswissarmy.sys           Fri Oct 13 14:58:51 2017 (59E10CEB)
amdpsp.sys                  Fri Oct 27 15:49:02 2017 (59F38DAE)
RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Nov 14 06:05:07 2017 (5A0ACDE3)
nvvad64v.sys                Thu Dec 14 00:40:29 2017 (5A320ECD)
nvhda64v.sys                Fri Dec 15 03:17:43 2017 (5A338527)
AMDPCIDev.sys               Thu Dec 28 23:24:15 2017 (5A45C36F)
nvlddmkm.sys                Wed Jan  3 18:40:06 2018 (5A4D69D6)

MpKsl2d49c49f.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
amdgpio3.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rt640x64.sys
AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
amdgpio2.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbamswissarmy.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdpsp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
AMDPCIDev.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

#6 ChrisCamm

ChrisCamm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Many forums are reporting memory incompatibilities with different bios versions, could it be this case too?

Tonight im going to take 1 stick and test it again.

#7 ChrisCamm

ChrisCamm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

Yes, i tested 1 sticke alone and it didnt report any errors,

That means that the motherboard is ok?

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:15 AM

Test each stick individually in the first slot (you choose which slot is first).

As soon as it starts spitting errors you can stop that test - otherwise, let it run overnight.

Then take one stick that passes in the first slot and test it in the other slots (that'll let you know if one of the slots is bad).

There are many different possibilities.  The most likely is the RAM - but you have to finish all the tests to see if you can identify a problem.
The absence of a problem isn't diagnostic - you have to find the problem in order to identify the problem.
For example, the way that 2 sticks work together may not be compatible with your motherboard - so testing on wouldn't reveal that.

Right now I have asked you to test the RAM.  If you find bad RAM (or bad slots), then we have something to go on.

If not, then we'll have to continue testing.

Contact Kingston or the seller of the RAM to find out what they want from you for a warranty replacement - that's the most important thing right now.

#9 ChrisCamm

ChrisCamm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

Yesterday i tested the remaining ram. It was Ok. So i checked the qvl again and found that the modules i have are single channel, and theyare not supported in pairs. Thats why im heading to the local store to chance them. I cant rma to Kingston because they are not faulty

#10 AvaAlsop563Ah

AvaAlsop563Ah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

Run Windows memory diagnostic test
As the error message entails, it could indicate that your RAM is at fault. You can run the Memory test to see for sure and fix any problem if the test finds one
for more info about this error check this URL:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users